Is This sneezing?

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
A week ago my conure started "sneezing" after taking him to the vet, I was told that he looks fine and his sinus's are clear, I was given some antiinflammation medication for him and after giving him it all, he kept "sneezing", and recently I had a thought that maybe hes not sneezing and I'm just confusing the noise hes making for something else, so as the title says, Is this sneezing? (audio clip below, sorry about the background noise as soon as I try to catch him on camera "sneezing" he stops, so I just placed my phone beside the heater and left it on until he "sneezed")

Attachments

• screen-20220131-112024.mp3
    17.1 KB

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sorry, with your sound turned full and and mine full , all I hear is a rumble in the background.

There are differences between Parrots. That said, when our Amazon sneezes, he has all the common body movements noted when Humans sneeze. Not common in all cases, but there can be some moisture that exits when the sneeze occurs.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
kind of sounds like a sneeze than again it's incredibly hard to hear.

OP
Jacob1302

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
Sorry, with your sound turned full and and mine full , all I hear is a rumble in the background.

There are differences between Parrots. That said, when our Amazon sneezes, he has all the common body movements noted when Humans sneeze. Not common in all cases, but there can be some moisture that exits when the sneeze occurs.
I appreciate you taking the time to view my post none the less, it sounds like hes sharply exhaling through his nostrils, he doesn't chirp or make any other noises before it, it'll happen a lot of the time after he itches his head.

OP
Jacob1302

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
kind of sounds like a sneeze than again it's incredibly hard to hear.
I appreciate you taking the time to view my post none the less, it sounds like hes sharply exhaling through his nostrils, he doesn't chirp or make any other noises before it, it'll happen a lot of the time after he itches his head.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Well if its after itching his head it may very well be sneezing because i know my budgie Julius sneezing from his own dander if he gets in in his nose.

OP
Jacob1302

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
Well if its after itching his head it may very well be sneezing because i know my budgie Julius sneezing from his own dander if he gets in in his nose.
good to know thanks.

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
My Emerald talks like a baby...so it is difficult to understand. she also makes kisses sound which to me sounds like sneezing.

Her sneezing once turned into a flu which blocked her sinus....she was in pain, could not chew on the blocking side, eat less and then the pressure caused swollen eye.......which developed quickly but didn't go away easily.

To be sure that she is not sneezing, I monitor other symptoms according to this page below.....

Hope this helps

Most Reactions

Latest posts