ISO conure

Jkohnen31

Mar 27, 2021
Hi everybody I am from northern NJ and would love to bring a conure into my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
You're doing it RIGHT (reaching out and researching and preparing BEFORE you get a bird). You found a great place... the best! I would just advise reading, learning... no hurry!

9lhIlM0.jpg

OP
J

Jkohnen31

Mar 27, 2021
Thanks I have been already. I just found this group recently but I’ve been reading all I can get my hands in lol

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome to the forum! Its seems to work really great if the parrot chooses you, they are interested in you and step up for you. Bsby green cheeks are usually very forgiving. As adults they want respect. Still cuddling and smart and cute but if you mess up they nip. So learn to read body language, and yiu will avoid most nips. I adore my green cheek, she is awesome, but when I'm petting her sbd bump a feather wrong, she would bite me for sure, except I say sorry, wait a few seconds till she quit fussing, then I can pet her again.

She can also bute me if I touch the outside of her cage, but when she comes out she is good.

OP
J

Jkohnen31

Mar 27, 2021
Yes I know it’s going to take a lot of looking. I’m an animal lover. I think from what I’ve read that conjures of maybe a cockatiel have the right temperament and are a good size for me. Eventually i would love a large parrot but I’m not ready for that yet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts