ISO Parrotlet in Toronto

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I'm so sorry you lost your little one.

I don't know as much as other members about preventing disease when getting a new bird after the previous bird has passed, but that might be something for you to consider on the chance your bird had something that could still be on the environment.

Good luck with the search for a new parrotlet friend 🥰

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I'm so sorry you lost your little one.

I don't know as much as other members about preventing disease when getting a new bird after the previous bird has passed, but that might be something for you to consider on the chance your bird had something that could still be on the environment.

Good luck with the search for a new parrotlet friend 🥰
Yes, you should make sure your home is disease free. Wait for about a month or so. Disinfect the apartment/house/etc.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. I agree with Cotton and Pipp about being careful to wash an d disinfect the cage, perches etc.
I wish you the best of luck in finding another one, and hopefully that will help heal your heart.

OP
O

ohsoqt.sr

May 18, 2018
I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. I agree with Cotton and Pipp about being careful to wash an d disinfect the cage, perches etc.
I wish you the best of luck in finding another one, and hopefully that will help heal your heart.
Thanks all.
My little guy had genetic defects (polyfolliculitis). I got a call back from testing - negative parrot fever, nothing in fecal gram stain. No idea what could have happened - pesticide in the grass? Bite from a mite? We had just got back from a trip where I let them all fly & explore (btwn neighbours).
I have completely torn apart and disinfected my bird room. All my birds have been on Triple C since (7day).
Still no signs in any other birds.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thanks all.
My little guy had genetic defects (polyfolliculitis). I got a call back from testing - negative parrot fever, nothing in fecal gram stain. No idea what could have happened - pesticide in the grass? Bite from a mite? We had just got back from a trip where I let them all fly & explore (btwn neighbours).
I have completely torn apart and disinfected my bird room. All my birds have been on Triple C since (7day).
Still no signs in any other birds.
Thank goodness your other birds are clear. Do they think that the genetic defect could have caused it?

OP
O

ohsoqt.sr

May 18, 2018
Thank goodness your other birds are clear. Do they think that the genetic defect could have caused it?
After $2100 vet bill, no answers other than clear for parrot fever and poop cultures.

A few days after this post a relative reached out to see if I knew anyone that would take a lovebird….
image.jpg
image.jpg
this is Prince!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts