Isolating new baby Budgie?

Livy

Dec 23, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Dee (Dedede)
Hey, Im getting my new baby budgie later today but was wondering how isolation works? I know that the new budgie should have its own airspace as to not infect Dee (My current budgie) but am I able to put him in my closet? I have a hallway closet with a door to separate, Dee is currently in my bathroom with my room to separate the two. Dee however has full reign over my room with supervision so im not sure what to do. Thanks, - Liv

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Hey, Im getting my new baby budgie later today but was wondering how isolation works? I know that the new budgie should have its own airspace as to not infect Dee (My current budgie) but am I able to put him in my closet? I have a hallway closet with a door to separate, Dee is currently in my bathroom with my room to separate the two. Dee however has full reign over my room with supervision so im not sure what to do. Thanks, - Liv

I am not sure how to suggest you manage the quarantine period, but, I would strongly advise against keeping any bird closed in a closet. As I understand it, that would be equally damaging to their psyche, as keeping a human in a closet would be to a human. AND this is a baby so that is even worse.

OP
L

Livy

Dec 23, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Dee (Dedede)
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have another place to quarantine him. My next option is to keep him in my bedroom and limit Dee's time in room instead.

Most Reactions