It's a bird, it's a plane, it's... Stormy's aquatics, inverts, and amphibians???

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
My aquatics are pretty cool. No exotic animals or anything, but I've got some pretty interesting stuff. 2 seperate 40 gallons, one for my juvi Red Eared Slider, July, and one for my goldfish (the comets are being raised to got to a pond), cory cat, and minnows.

IMG_20220123_114928.jpg
IMG_20220123_114920.jpg
IMG_20220123_114916.jpg
IMG_20220123_114910.jpg

Now on to Froggo. My little sister wild caught her and named her, but just took horrible care of her overall, no water, hardly and food, mold to the point where I had to wear a mask to get into her tank to clean it. She will be going into July's 40 gallon this spring, when July moves into a larger enclosure. I take her out once a month for a health checkup. She's pretty cool, kinda like a cat.

IMG_20220123_115752.jpg

Now time for Zeke. He's a white lipped snail, or garden snail, and wild caught as a baby at a logging site where he was almost crushed. He has two differently colored eyes, and no one knows why. He lives in a planted 5 gallon terrarium, and is just really cool. Did I mention his favorite food is bell peppers? He was only in the orange peel for 5 seconds btw, because hands aren't good for snail skin.
IMG_20220123_120337.jpg

And then the spiders. Jasper the Tan Jumping Spider was captive bred by me, and Pax the Ground Wolf Spider was found by me with only half his legs, no pic of him. I also just remodeled Jasper's enclosure, so here are pics!
IMG_20220123_094000.jpg
IMG_20220117_131229.jpg

I'm sorry that this was such a long post, and the pics are HORRIBLE

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Long post, but a great one, and the pictures are fine!

OP
๐•พ๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–’๐–ž๐•ป๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Long post, but a great one, and the pictures are fine!
Thanks!

(I feel like saying thanks to everyone is what new members do, have you noticed that?)

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
That is a toad not an aquatic frog. Toads are in decline so not great to remove them from the wild.
Yup, I know, my sister named her Froggo, I know she's an American Toad...

I have discussed her release with toad owners, vets etc. and they say it is better not to release her as she has had a diet of captive bred crickets and mealworms, and could therefore transmit illnesses to wild toads. She's been with us her whole life.

Also, please note that I tried to convince her not to take the toad home, but I got yelled at, and told to leave it alone.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
its very difficult to tell species of toads, American, Fowler, Southern, Oak ect. SOME are much more rare and in bigger trouble.

But I agree at this point it would be risky to release.

FYI for everyone
Its more critical not to mess with box turtles. They are big trouble in most populations . They live their whole lives in a small area . Picking them up abd moving them can result in their death. I had participated in citizen science and learned about them. As I hadn't seen any in decades when in my childhood it was common to come across them on nature hikes.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
its very difficult to tell species of toads, American, Fowler, Southern, Oak ect. SOME are much more rare and in bigger trouble.

But I agree at this point it would be risky to release.

FYI for everyone
Its more critical not to mess with box turtles. They are big trouble in most populations . They live their whole lives in a small area . Picking them up abd moving them can result in their death. I had participated in citizen science and learned about them. As I hadn't seen any in decades when in my childhood it was common to come across them on nature hikes.
There is a boy in my class (a stupid dumb*ss) who decided to take a full grown painted turtle from the wild and put it in a 20 gal, no UVB, for his own entertainment. I HATE THESE PEOPLE.:sick:๐Ÿคฎ

Also people who take turtles from the side of the road and move them to a pond....:sick:(n)

Most Reactions

Latest posts