It's a girl! (Name suggestions?)

foxmacaw

May 6, 2022
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold baby macaw
Hi all!

We finally (FINALLY) found out the gender of our baby B&G macaw. It's a girl! Hubs built the coolest outdoor perch for her so she can hang out while we garden (which we do quite a lot of.)

We were thinking of pirate names, but we are both music teachers as well, so something to do with music or classical music would be cool as well. We both have a degree in horticulture, so botanical names are also great.

So far we have:
Calypso
Kiwi (is that overdone?)
Pearl (like the Black Pearl? Hah!)
Coral

We lived in Cape Coral, Florida for a year before moving back to Georgia. Georgia is just the right fit for us, but we were a bit sad to leave Cape Coral, so Coral would have special significance to us.

Any other ideas?
279668729_2251054225059187_6070023855017004961_n.jpg

Last edited:

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I tend to name my birds really really weirdly, so I don't know if I'll be a good person to give names. But here are my suggestions. Read at your own Risk! :

Music:
Van Eyck
Staff
Forte
Alto
Treble
Contra (as in a contra bass recorder, or BIG recorder)

Horticulture:
Ammerylis
Orchid
Peonies
Stalk
Spruce

My Random Names:
SKyquake
Cobalt
Aztec
Myan

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Bettie is cute and maybe..... winnie

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Rebecca, Jessica or Sarah

Those are new names I just made up.

I dunno just me, looks like a Jessica.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
NVM you know what that is a Sabrina..... anyways I'm out, my ideas.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
After hearing your Cape Coral story I can't think of anything else but Coral!

Congratulations on your girl! How lucky is she to have an outfit perch to hang out with you both!

OP
foxmacaw

foxmacaw

May 6, 2022
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold baby macaw
Hah! Thanks everyone! We were both leaning towards Coral, and at the last minute he thought of Bailey. Our honeymoon was on Sanibel Island in Florida, and the general store and shell museum both have Bailey in the name. She's a Bailey!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hah! Thanks everyone! We were both leaning towards Coral, and at the last minute he thought of Bailey. Our honeymoon was on Sanibel Island in Florida, and the general store and shell museum both have Bailey in the name. She's a Bailey!
Bailey is a good name! :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Smurfette?
Yes, kiwi is overdone…
Blueberry, blue belle, Cookie Monster, hyacinthe, indigo, skye, bluebird, cobalt, Calypso!!, clematis, gentian, Iris, larkspur, lupine. Azure!!

For me, it would depend on her personality. If she’s goofy, Cookie Monster or smurfette. If she’s elegant, one of the various flower names. Or azure or calypso.

I have not gotten a bird I could name in a long time!

Whoops! Looks like you went for Bailey. I think I will keep these name ideas for the future.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Periwinkle, Robin (for robin’s egg blue).
Sanibelle? (Now that seems like a name for toilet cleaner)... I really liked Sanibelle until I connected it to Saniflush and tidy bowl. Oh well.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts