birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
sense I have put Misty outside She looks better than she has in months! he face is starting to heal and she looks lke she's gaining weight but most of all she's singing and whistling again she seems SO HAPPY so whether she has some underlying problem or not I know she's in the very best situtation.
I am so glad cuz another forum really criticized the whole outside cage thing calling me irresponsible I mean I know taking your pets to the vet is very good and needs to be done but you also have to be realistic and my philosophy has always been to keep the animal out of pain I mean if there's an obvious problem we get it fixed but everyone knows bird's aren't very obvious when they are sick but I know now she's ot in any pain by how much she is hopping and singing around her cage! I went with my gut on this one and it worked out. Just remember we are all here for each other but ony you know your bird and what it needs so listen to advice and stuff but always go with your gut ok So that has to be the worlds longest run on sentence :) I just felt like rambling today cuz i was so excited when i came in form feeding her to see how much better she looked!

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Thats such great news. You know they're happy when they whistle and sing. I think your outside cage idea was great. I don't think it is irresponsible because you took the necessary arrangements to keep Misty safe. I know before you decided on the outside cage you had some difficult decisions to make when it came to how to deal with Misty, i'm glad you finally deicded on the right one. Now she can gets lots of sunlight and fresh air how can she not like that?

Just remember we are all here for each other but ony you know your bird and what it needs so listen to advice and stuff but always go with your gut ok

Thats so true, everyone has great advice but only you know your bird and what they might be telling you.

Can't wait to see some pictures of Misty enjoying her new cage!!! :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well Kelli, if thats irresponsible then I'm with you, Misty is so obviously happy, and that is the most important thing, (well one of them anyway).

I'm in the beginnings of building an aviary (well hubby is :D ) for my little guys, they are not happy in doors and will not come out of their cage very often :( This way they get the best of both worlds, they will still be loved, but they will be happy and able to fly around as much as possible.

Just remember we are all here for each other but ony you know your bird and what it needs so listen to advice and stuff but always go with your gut

That is the very best advise ever and so very true.

I also have to say I think it would have been irresponsible if you had done nothing for her and kept her where she was. You knew your bird and even thought of letting her go somewhere else to make her happy, That is real to goodness love on your part. I say

WELL DONE TO YOU.
am also looking forward to seeing lots of pics of misty enjoying her new and happy home. :D

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
thanks guys lows got in the thirtys last night so she came in and being that close to her I can tell a night and day difference

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Lows in the 30's in Texas, those were the HIGHS here yesterday... Wow, what's going on this year with the weather? Anyway, glad to know that you brought her in ... Kelli I am glad that you figured out a way to make that little birdie happy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts