Its been a year since I lost my Neptune Blue

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Neptune is a male blue quaker, no band lost in Yulee Florida last June. He has a large vocabulary, and likes to scream. He is the love of my life, if you think you found him please contact me. There will be zero doubt that he is my Neptune if you see us together, I had him since a baby and we have a very special bond.

I'm so gutted by his loss......every single day of this past year my heart has broken , there hasn't been a single day that I have not thought off him, and missed him, and felt the pain of his loss......not one single day.

Though I'm now doing the official honor of my grief. I can not ever let go the prayer that he is reunited with me. Somehow, if a person found him, they will find me, if they thought to keep him, they will rethink , knowing how much he is loved and missed.

And a plea to all you who have found a parrot, please do everything to reunite them with their person. Parrot human bonds are special, they never forget the person they loved. Neptune also has a mate in Ta-dah, she has not forgotten him either, and still looks for him, as do his friends Penny , Cloudy Skies, and Pikachu. He has a whole flock.

NEPTUNE, not knowing what has happened to you has killed a part of me. I pray for you every night. All my love my special boy.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Your post moves me to tears, Laura. A testament to your deep love of Neptune Blue, uncertainty, and eternal optimism. We share your grief and hope for future reunification. :smile015::smile015:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Beautifully said, Laura. Neptune Blue was such a precious and beloved gift into your life, just as you were in his. I'm just so sorry that it was for so short a time, it just doesn't seem fair. I'm sending the warmest of feathered hugs to you on this very sad anniversary Laura. Wherever Neptune is right now, he knows exactly how much you will always love him.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The loss is a nightmare! Not knowing is so much worse!

It truly is.....its so hard to let go, and to move on....this is my only companion who hasn't lived an an above average life span, the only one I've ever lost. And for the loss to be my fault alone....

It is hard to loose a cat or dog after 18 years. But knowing they had a full long life makes it ok....

But to have him escape, and knowing their was fear and hardship...... only hopeful that he had the joy of flight and hopeful he survived....

It makes me hurt so much , and harder to focus on the love and joy we had while together.

Thankfully the rest of my flock is healthy, happy, and snuggle me. Right now I'm getting kisses from Pikachu, and snuggle from Penny, Phoebe is turned into a doll baby and just moved Pikachu out if the way to give me kisses

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I'm shocked that it's already been a year:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Poor Neptune:(

Most Reactions