Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
The January POTM theme is

"Perfectly Imperfect"

In honor of my Phoe, this month's theme will be for birds who are perfectly imperfect - either by looks or behaviour. This month is for any bird who does not conform to the norm. If they are pluckers, barberers, picky eaters, or basically anything they do that keeps them from being considered perfect (perfect is overrated anyway!), let's give them their moment in the spotlight.
I think that imperfections make us all who we are, including our babies.
They are all loved, and I think it is time for them to be recognized for the wonderful birds they are.

My Phoe was a plucker, and I am proud to use him as the example for this month.

LyuOd6G.jpg

General Guidelines & Rules:
- This Month’s contest opens January 1 and continues until January 29. A poll will be posted then and run through the 31st. The Winner will be announced February 1.
- The Winner will receive a Premium Membership for one year (username highlighted in Green) and the photo will adorn the Forum’s Front Page for the Month of February and March.
- If you Post more than one image, please designate a single photo as your Entry and the other(s) as Just For Fun!!!
- Videos are welcomed, but please remember to keep them under 60 seconds.
- Please keep Safety in mind as you consider the many likely Photo opportunities, whether inside or outside.
- As with all Parrot Forums activities, the Organization’s Rules apply in all cases.

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Spectacular theme, Terry. An inspired way to honor the memory of beloved Phoe.

Abby's imperfect feathers, the product of incessant "barbering." High strung but lovable, thankfully no overt plucking.

Just for fun!
https://imgur.com/a/EleHKuZ

VMfGiOo.jpg

Attachments

• 12g8.jpg
    12g8.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
a theme perfect for Lincoln. Here he is all puffed and doing his best to impress

20181231_080025.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Spectacular theme, Terry. An inspired way to honor the memory of beloved Phoe.

Abby's imperfect feathers, the product of incessant "barbering." High strung but lovable, thankfully no overt plucking.

Just for fun!
https://imgur.com/a/EleHKuZ

21878d1546362707-january-2019-potm-12g8.jpg

Imgur seems to have changed their protocol, cannot get the pic to uplink!

Abby is beautiful!

a theme perfect for Lincoln. Here he is all puffed and doing his best to impress

20181231_080025.jpg

Lincoln always impresses me, he is gorgeous:)

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Romek was caught outside and he is afraid of us from the beginning - when somebody comes to him, if he can - escapes, if not (in the cage) - panics and shakes. I still remember his first day here - escaped under a cupboard. We were waiting few hours and didn't leave it - we had to pull out him (this was hard)
His photos are blurry (because of panicking and shaking) or he is far. I think below is the only "good" pic, wherein I still see in his eyes the panicking :p

49130420_371256596996483_8519836108639436800_n.png

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
I think below is the only "good" pic, wherein I still see in his eyes the panicking :p

Your photo perfectly nails the panic in his eyes :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Okay, welllllllllllllllllllllllllll...

Terry, this may be my favorite theme EVER, ANY TIME, EVER, EVERRRRR!
I have been so touched, so inspired, so amazed, SO many times, by the ways we love our birds, despite (due to?) their 'imperfections'.

Phoe's pose is wonderful. Full frontal "DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I AM BEAUTIFUL" Phoe-ness.

I will really enjoy showing off some examples of the Rb's imperfections. While splendid in plumage and carriage, his character is remorselessly wretched.

Great theme, and a wonderful way to give Phoe the send-off he deserves.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
In memory of my perfect little boy Patches. He loved our summer afternoon time together in the sunshine. Well, he got the sunshine... Me not so much. Here he is in all his glory.
8545e4a65d18964e9c76072139bbefb9.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Fantastic idea Terry and a wonderful and lasting tribute for sweet Phoe ... love his photo too he looks like such a precious boy!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Romek was caught outside and he is afraid of us from the beginning - when somebody comes to him, if he can - escapes, if not (in the cage) - panics and shakes. I still remember his first day here - escaped under a cupboard. We were waiting few hours and didn't leave it - we had to pull out him (this was hard)
His photos are blurry (because of panicking and shaking) or he is far. I think below is the only "good" pic, wherein I still see in his eyes the panicking :p

49130420_371256596996483_8519836108639436800_n.png

I am so glad that Romek is safe & sound with you now, what a sweetheart he is.

Okay, welllllllllllllllllllllllllll...

Terry, this may be my favorite theme EVER, ANY TIME, EVER, EVERRRRR!
I have been so touched, so inspired, so amazed, SO many times, by the ways we love our birds, despite (due to?) their 'imperfections'.

Phoe's pose is wonderful. Full frontal "DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I AM BEAUTIFUL" Phoe-ness.

I will really enjoy showing off some examples of the Rb's imperfections. While splendid in plumage and carriage, his character is remorselessly wretched.

Great theme, and a wonderful way to give Phoe the send-off he deserves.

Thank you, Gail, he did know he was beautiful even without his feathers. Looking forward to the Rb pics!

In memory of my perfect little boy Patches. He loved our summer afternoon time together in the sunshine. Well, he got the sunshine... Me not so much. Here he is in all his glory.
8545e4a65d18964e9c76072139bbefb9.jpg

Oh, Sweet, Beautiful Patches. I am so glad you posted this. I bet that he & Phoe have become friends, and that makes me happy.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Fantastic idea Terry and a wonderful and lasting tribute for sweet Phoe ... love his photo too he looks like such a precious boy!

Thank you, this theme felt right. He was precious:)

Brilliant theme Terry!

Perfectly imperfect...happily.

GyoWBbQ.jpg

Thank you, Chris, and thank you for sharing a picture of the gorgeous Parker. It is obvious how happy he is, and he is beautiful.

Look at all these gorgeous green boys!!

I noticed that too! All beautiful:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you for this contest theme, Terry, it's a beautiful idea and such a sweet tribute to your darling Phoe.

Wonderful photos of our first few contestants already and January's contest has just begun.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Quote from Terry

"Oh, Sweet, Beautiful Patches. I am so glad you posted this. I bet that he & Phoe have become friends, and that makes me happy."

Thank you for that thought Terry, I bet you're right. Of course they might not have recognized each other at first with their newly adorned suits of feathers and all. :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Quote from Terry

"Oh, Sweet, Beautiful Patches. I am so glad you posted this. I bet that he & Phoe have become friends, and that makes me happy."

Thank you for that thought Terry, I bet you're right. Of course they might not have recognized each other at first with their newly adorned suits of feathers and all. :)

You know, I bet they recognized each other's hearts even with their new finery.
What magnificent hearts they are.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Penny plucks her neck. And the tip of her right toe is missing, which is sad because she is right footed. Also I fear she has a stricture that may make her lose the next joint on that toe...
laurasea-albums-penny-picture20983-img-20190102-143827445-hdr-2.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Penny plucks her neck. And the tip of her right toe is missing, which is sad because she is right footed. Also I fear she has a stricture that may make her lose the next joint on that toe...
laurasea-albums-penny-picture20983-img-20190102-143827445-hdr-2.jpg

Penny is such a pretty girl. I hope she doesn't lose the next joint on that toe. She looks like a fighter though so I bet she will be able to deal with anything put in her path.

Stephable

Jan 20, 2018
Australia
Parrots
Budgie
Green Cheek Conure
2Juhz7u.jpg

This is Jester. He's a gorgeous light blue colour and when I was getting him I noticed he held his left wing a little low. it didn't put me off though! It actually motivated me to get him so I could make sure he got any care he needed.

The vet said it's likely an old break from when he was a chick and that he was probably malnourished, which also caused one of his toes to not be able to grip. He's otherwise healthy and happy!

He is the sweetest little bird, he can fly but not as quick as my other budgie and he gets tired quickly but boy does he try! He's still pretty nervous around me but he's never bitten me even when I've had to hold him and he's always singing to his friend Piper. He even gets along with my GCC!

I'm so glad to have this little guy as part of my flock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts