January 2020 POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Start the New Year right!

The January POTM Contest is all about change for your bird(s). A new behavior, toy, cage, food, etc. Original picture, aspirational Photoshopped image, or video welcome.

Contest open between January 1 2020 and January 28. A poll will be posted January 29, winner announced February 1.

Guidelines and pointers:
- The winner will receive premium membership for one year, image will adorn the forum welcome page during February and March.
- You may post more than one photo, but please designate the official entry or "just for fun" submission.
- Limit videos to 90 seconds or less.
-Safety is paramount, please consider the welfare of your fid(s).
- Any questions, send me a PM for clarification!
oEWAKSl.jpg

Last edited:

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Oh, yeah, Scott, I got this! After all, what do I NOT want to change about the bird?
A perfect kick-off for 2020.
***shaking the wife's shoulder as she sleeps*** "Wake up, baby, you're not gonna believe this month's POTM theme!"

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Here is Her Royal Highness's Authorised January Contest Entry.

The first of January has brought forth the first flush of ivory curl flowers, and guess who is right into them up to her excited little eyeballs!

WARNING: This video does contain images of the Royal Rear End and gratuitous usage of the word "bum".

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTFXe6sJGM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTFXe6sJGM[/ame]

And guess which faithful servant has to go out in the heat to harvest them for her!!

(Note to Mods, I've uploaded this to that YT channel, not sure if that's the correct way to enter a video into the contest. Please give me a yell if it isn't!)

Last edited:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

The first of January has brought forth the first flush of ivory curl flowers, and guess who is right into them up to her excited little eyeballs!

WARNING: This video does contain images of the Royal Rear End and gratuitous usage of the word "bum".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTFXe6sJGM

And guess which faithful servant has to go out in the heat to harvest them for her!!

(Note to Mods, I've uploaded this to that YT channel, not sure if that's the correct way to enter a video into the contest. Please give me a yell if it isn't!)

She is the cutest, love her little squeaks! :heart:

Uploading from You Tube is fine. :)

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Oh, yeah, Scott, I got this! After all, what do I NOT want to change about the bird?
A perfect kick-off for 2020.
***shaking the wife's shoulder as she sleeps*** "Wake up, baby, you're not gonna believe this month's POTM theme!"

I'm sure you and Gail will craft an amazing "change" antic of Rb!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Cutest "bum" I've seen in a long while!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanx you guys :)

Lilly makes that throaty little gurgle when she’s really enjoying herself which is why I particularly wanted to do a video entry - you don’t hear it in a photo :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Great theme, Scott! And that carbs meme is hilarious!

Scandalous! The Royal Rear End has indeed been exposed! Darn those paparazzi!

And yes, pics just don't capture those cute little noises.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

***Just for fun***
Gonzo casting daggers of rage at the mysterious pellets invading his food dish. This was during his conversion to Harrison's from Zupreem and seed. Change was successful within two weeks!
8B1l7mG.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Fantastic theme, Scott!

Lilly is so precious, I just wanna hold her and give her snuggles! What a great mama you are to bring those flowers that bring her such pleasure:) She has you trained well!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
***Just for fun***
Gonzo casting daggers of rage at the mysterious pellets invading his food dish. This was during his conversion to Harrison's from Zupreem and seed. Change was successful within two weeks!
8B1l7mG.jpg

“What The Actual ...??!!!”

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
***Just for fun***
8B1l7mG.jpg

Holy cow, this made me laugh so hard! Gonzo was obviously so unimpressed with what was in his dish, that look is priceless.

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

Just for FUN~ ^_^

Kise's feeling: New Year??? Mom is buying a new Condo and will be moving soon... She told me that it's very nice and have sunlight for me to see the outside while she is at work. I have not get to see the new place yet. So... I am waiting...........

2359163.jpeg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
***Just for fun***
8B1l7mG.jpg

OMG! Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! I don't think the picture even needs any explanation!!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
***Just for fun***
8B1l7mG.jpg

Love this Scott! :D Two weeks, that's impressive. Levi took to the Harrison's pretty quickly as well. They are still his fave, thank goodness. :)

Just for FUN~ ^_^

Kise's feeling: New Year??? Mom is buying a new Condo and will be moving soon... She told me that it's very nice and have sunlight for me to see the outside while she is at work. I have not get to see the new place yet. So... I am waiting...........

2359163.jpeg

Well, I hope the new digs are Kise approved. ;) Good Luck!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Just for FUN~ ^_^

2359163.jpeg

Kise is demanding the right of approval before you buy a new condo!

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
Just for fun:

Jacob's first time meeting another macaw other than his parents and siblings when he was born. Her name is Simon, yes it is indeed a Simon that is also a she. She was never sexed and laid an egg at around 20 years old. Jacob enjoyed his time with her. Simon is on the left and Jacob is on the right, as you can see Jacob was just a youngling.
SkHQ4y9.jpg

herbwx

Jan 3, 2020
Maryland
Parrots
50+ years with parakeet experience and last 10 years with parrotlets. Currently have parrotlet born approx 2010.
New member here:

A recent short video clip -- not a photo -- of my parrotlet, Garbonzo, in his "happy place" -- an empty, mid-size vitamin jar! (from my Facebook page)

https://tinyurl.com/rz4by7a

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
*~ JUST for FUN ~*

:) Levi’s gingerly first attempt to try out his new and cool purple Hoot N Holler toy. :)

VAOKysr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts