Jasper's New Foraging Toy [Video]

katie_fleming

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Jasper (6yr old Solomon Island Eclectus Parrot)
Didn't take him too long to figure this one out, so the next time I'll make adjustments on the tube and switch to pellet berries!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsS_k8FAO1E"]Jasper Eclectus Parrot - Spinning Wheel Foraging Toy - YouTube[/ame]

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
What a clever Jasper, very entertaining to watch him, loved the noise he made when he couldn't quite get there, so cute. Plum would have concentrated on the demolition method and tried to pull it off the cage LOL. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
He's a smart little cookie! I got a similar foraging wheel for Bella, but she got angry at it and then has ignored it ever since! Seeing Jasper has inspired me to try to encourage Bella to give it another go! Thanks for sharing :)

OP
katie_fleming

katie_fleming

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Jasper (6yr old Solomon Island Eclectus Parrot)
He's a smart little cookie! I got a similar foraging wheel for Bella, but she got angry at it and then has ignored it ever since! Seeing Jasper has inspired me to try to encourage Bella to give it another go! Thanks for sharing :)

He got fed up fairly fast so I added a TON of pellets to it and he went right back to work. Of course I only let him have a few before I took it out of his cage, but at least his motivation went back up and he got it!

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Thanks for sharing the video, loved seeing his personality comming out.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahaha! As always, I love watching your Jasper videos! Watching him puzzle it out was a trip. And it's a perfect example of why foraging toys are so important. Look how engaged and happy he looks trying to figure it out! Sweet!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
*sigh*
You people with your smart parrots!

The Rbird is stymied and enraged by forage toys... just can't figure them out (I've tried four now, most recently one that Mr. GoodWrench sent us) and winds up throwing tantrums and attacking them or running away. He also can't figure out the fastest routes from point A to point B when cage perches are changed; NEVER learns that certain big toys when swung, knock him off his perch (I just take them away), and still hasn't figured out (THANK GAWD) that when I toss a pepper into his cage, it's a trick to get him in there.

I do love watching the smartie-pants/feathers, though!

P.S.
I have that very same purple perch!

Most Reactions