Jolly Ball (like Pluto the YouTube Quaker has)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Pluto the YouTube Quaker is a talkative outgoing little guy. He’s actually a real ham. His mom showed his cage and he has a big round ball with large holes in it. He can climb in and out of it. She said it is a jolly ball but couldn’t remember where she got it!

I looked for “jolly ball” and I found that the jolly ball company and Kong company make these rolling balls for dogs and horses. The big ball has a smaller ball inside. I’m guessing she took the inside ball out and was left with a round plastic shell with about four big entrance holes.
This ball is hanging in Pluto’s cage along with chains and other fun things.

I’m thinking of ordering one from Chewy but I am not sure Willows cage has room for an 8-10” diameter ball hut. I thought it might be good for Willow because he’s a bit timid and maybe having a nest would help that. I was going to set it on top of his cage or maybe hang on the cage side from his climbing branch.

Does anyone have a Jolly Ball for their Quaker? How does he or she like it? Where do you put it? What do you think of me buying one for Willow?

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow will sit within two feet of the Jolly Ball and will now touch it with his beak. I have not moved it in place near his cage, though.

I need to get the cage heaters out because suddenly my living room is a bit cold. I don’t want Willow (or Jasper) to be uncomfortable (willow is near a window).

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
here’s the 10” diameter Jolly Ball! It’s not in its final home. It will be set (anchored) on top of Willows cage or maybe hung from a chain right above or next to the cage.

D271D591-8AF3-48EE-8574-14982B643F8E.jpeg

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
The Jolly Ball has been moved to right next to Willow’s cage. He seemed ok with it.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Jolly Ball is now on top of Willows cage. He’s giving it the hairy eyeball but maybe he will enjoy it later.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow doesn’t climb on or in his Jolly Ball when it’s on top of his cage. I took a better look at the whole setup and I can’t fit it IN the cage (door is too small). I have a big branch anchored to the side of the cage and I’m thinking I can drill three holes and hang the JB from this branch.

I HOPE Willow likes the Jolly Ball. I think it would be fun! I just hung a rainbow links chain from off his seagrass net and he bit me for touching his net. But then he started to arrange the chain right away. He has four or five chains and I think he likes them, but I will have to buy stronger chain to hang the Jolly Ball.

Most Reactions