Juicer recipe "French Toast-ish"

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So I LOVE my juicer (Omega J8006) it is something I use daily. I have given the birds different juices but really wanted to find a way to get a little more into them since when it is just liquid they drink a little and then they are done.

So today I noticed my husband had left the heels in his bread bag (I don't eat bread anymore but I used to love the heels) anyway I juiced...

Apples
Carrots
Celery
Dandelion
Ginger

Soaked the bread in the juice and then got a pan super hot with coconut oil and fast seared them, let them cool and then cut up in small chunks.

Now I thought the eclectus would go nuts for this and while they liked it and all ate some it was Brady who made yummy noises and buried her face in it! :D

Last edited:

nrooks

Oct 21, 2014
London, Ontario
Parrots
Seven Cockatiels - four females and three males
Five Parrotlets - three males and two females
Depending on the ingredients used I will sometimes give the pulp to my guys rather then compost it all - They seem to enjoy it so that might be something you want to try as well :D

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Depending on the ingredients used I will sometimes give the pulp to my guys rather then compost it all - They seem to enjoy it so that might be something you want to try as well :D

Yep I also give them it or will even bake some of it into birdie bread. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks for sharing the idea, Laura! I'll have to try that.

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
I know, my birds love it when I do this too! SOOO much fun cooking for everyone when it's appreciated! All it takes is for my B&G to say MMMmm, this is good! And all the work was well worth it! :)

Most Reactions