Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
My local parrot club frequently takes in fosters and they just had a bird come in. A Timneh African Grey named jo jo who's 13 years old is looking to be adopted. I'm super nervous, but I figured what the hell, I'll attempt to adopt this guy. The club gives us 4 weeks to decide if he works out, so we're not out on a limb with a bird that might hate us. Jojo apparently prefers men to women and is of his cage frequently.

Largest bird i ever had was a Pionus named August. LOVED the boi to bits! I wanted a Timneh for years and eventually thought I'd never get one because of costs and what not. Then 20 some years later there's this bird looking for adoption. I have more bird experience under my belt and I clicker train my fids. I'm better prepared **If** I qualify for this bird :) My mom, however, is gonna kill me when she finds out I'm getting a fifth bird. But I live on my own and know what my limits are.

I'm rambling, LOL! For tax are Jojo's pictures, taken by their current owner/slave:

JOJO 1.jpg
JOJO2.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My local parrot club frequently takes in fosters and they just had a bird come in. A Timneh African Grey named jo jo who's 13 years old is looking to be adopted. I'm super nervous, but I figured what the hell, I'll attempt to adopt this guy. The club gives us 4 weeks to decide if he works out, so we're not out on a limb with a bird that might hate us. Jojo apparently prefers men to women and is of his cage frequently.

Largest bird i ever had was a Pionus named August. LOVED the boi to bits! I wanted a Timneh for years and eventually thought I'd never get one because of costs and what not. Then 20 some years later there's this bird looking for adoption. I have more bird experience under my belt and I clicker train my fids. I'm better prepared **If** I qualify for this bird :) My mom, however, is gonna kill me when she finds out I'm getting a fifth bird. But I live on my own and know what my limits are.

I'm rambling, LOL! For tax are Jojo's pictures, taken by their current owner/slave:

View attachment 57084 View attachment 57085

Oh Jojo is beautiful! 😍 Congrats, @Vampiric_Conure, I hope the adoption works out for the two of you!!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I don’t blame you for being excited.
good luck.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater

don't trust that face, its always too good to be true. if a bird has *that* cute of a face then that means he shall DESTROY!

Aquatic7

Jan 4, 2024
Parrots
Zeus the Bearded Dragon (I dont have a parrot ): )

Dude! Thats awesome! Hope it works out for you, he's beautiful. : )

OP
Vampiric_Conure

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
An update on the adoption - The club did get ahold of me and said JoJo screams when in his cage. A LOT. He has to be out of his cage all day, which I can't do because my dog would throw fits if kept in the bedroom all day. She's very predatory and I have to watch her. And Jojo just doesn't hate women. He despises them with his whole being, LOL. SO in the end, I figured he'd be better with someone with more big bird experience.

Sigh.

But my heart's been tugged and I'm looking for another bird. Looked for a Timneh breeder (They're as rare as unicorn teeth) and a Pionus breeder. Believe it or not, but I found 2 breeders here in Canada. I'm on the waiting list for one, and the other breeder/pet store I'm waiting for bird information on.

In the end, a Pionus would fit me better, so perhaps it's a Good thing Jojo and the several other birds in need of rehoming I wanted, can't come home with me :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts