Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Not really Parrot café, but more like a zoo café with different animals, from big parrots to reptiles. I personally don't know what to think of such places, while it does look fun, I don't think it's fair towards the exotic animals. Cat/Dog cafés, yeah, But these are domestic animals...

Oct 26, 2021
Parrots
I have been the only Mommy of my 30 year old Shamrock Macaw named Kelly.
Does anyone have a parrot cafe In your country? I have a cafe nearby and I got curious If any other countries have them.
Where, pray tell, are you❓ I’ve never seen nor heard of one. I’m in Upstate NYS, by the way!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
While it sounds interesting, parrots and other birds should not really be in close quarters with others unless the health of all have been certified. Too easy for disease and bugs and pathogens to get passed. It's why bird shows are a major center of sick parrots infecting others, and why new parrots should be quarantined when brought home.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
While it sounds interesting, parrots and other birds should not really be in close quarters with others unless the health of all have been certified. Too easy for disease and bugs and pathogens to get passed. It's why bird shows are a major center of sick parrots infecting others, and why new parrots should be quarantined when brought home.
Agreed because I have a sick parrot. Vets have gone over a lot of this in more detail with me. Its unfortunate, but parrots really can't just go out, and make birdie friends. Shelters have to quarantine their new intakes. From what I've gathered birdie diseases are very easily spread.

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
Not really Parrot café, but more like a zoo café with different animals, from big parrots to reptiles. I personally don't know what to think of such places, while it does look fun, I don't think it's fair towards the exotic animals. Cat/Dog cafés, yeah, But these are domestic animals...
All the cat cafés I've been to are overseas in the UK and they are absolutely miserable. Everyone expects the cats to cuddle on command and eat with them. You only get a timeslot so they expect performance. They catch every virus because people can't be bothered to wash their hands. I love the concept but I don't know how to really execute any of these in an ethical way =(

Most Reactions

Latest posts