Just had another albie update

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
My mother in law said shes absolutely loves albie but she could never own a parrort ,hes like a toddler who is on the go all the time (so true !) She has to watch so close to keep him out of trouble.

Hes started to avoid his cage come close to bed as he knows if he goes in he gets shut in ,smart bird ! Shes been working on buildinh trust by letting him do his own thing and letting him approach her and she hasnt had to grab him or anything

She also said that albie thinks her head scritches are really bad but puts up with them because theres no one else to give them ,hes apparently been muttering under his breath about it !

When weve video called he gets so happy and strutty and contact calls us while also yelling love you at us .

She td us she regrets giving him banana...it turned him into a nippy butt. Yes , we warned her that high sugar stuff like her really ripe ,brown spotty ,banana bread ready bananas will do that, but she daid he loved them and couldnt day no to his huge dark eyes ....forget puppy eyes , its big begging parrot eyes we need to worry about !

I miss him but i get himback on Wednesday.

Im so proud of them both woth how far they have come in their relationship. I hope it sticks .

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
There could not be a better outcome to this 🥰🥰🥰

I  always laugh with joy at how Albie uses his words! What a cutie! I'm so thrilled the video chatting has been working well for him!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh yeah those begging parrot eyes are awful. And those little peeps they make from under the covers, they're terrible too. ;) It sounds like Albie and your mum-in-law are doing really well!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
They are doing so well

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Adorable update! I know he will be so happy to see you!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts