Just joined

Nov 17, 2017
Ulmarra NSW Aust
Parrots
2 Rainbow Loris.
Molly and Bosley. They both left home and have partners now. Come back to feed sometimes. Just have Sonny an Ecky... more than enough
We live in Northern NSW and have 2 Rainbows, Molly and Bosley. They are now 11 months old and are great fliers. I let them out about 5 or 6 days a week and they hang out with the wild birds and come back in the late afternoon when the wild birds feed. The wild birds also come in the house to feed but only my good friends. Have 5 pairs that do that. These birds drive us crazy at times and are a lot of work. That's all for now.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
What a luxury! Welcome to the flock, and whenever you get around to posting some pictures of the feathered mob won’t be soon enough!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Thats pretty cool! The only reservation I might have is your 2 babies catching something from the wild flock. Pictures would be great!

Notdumasilook

Jul 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon, Cookie..Sun Conure..lil Booger (RIP) Have owned Parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels, cockatoos, pocket parrot, and quakers.
no kidding that is special... to let your birdies fly with the wild ones but them returning nights to sleep with you!!
And howdy.. love the lories but only had experience with one.. but that one was sweet as pie

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
lucky you! I wish the local robins and cardnals and etc. would pop in, but they are to wild for anything like that.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Welcome to the Forum.

That’s awesome, but my luck they wouldn’t come back.

OP
picklesandjesse
Nov 17, 2017
Ulmarra NSW Aust
Parrots
2 Rainbow Loris.
Molly and Bosley. They both left home and have partners now. Come back to feed sometimes. Just have Sonny an Ecky... more than enough
I would post photos but can't figure it out on this site yet !!!!! Sorry.

OP
picklesandjesse
Nov 17, 2017
Ulmarra NSW Aust
Parrots
2 Rainbow Loris.
Welcome and be welcomed. Thats pretty cool! The only reservation I might have is your 2 babies catching something from the wild flock. Pictures would be great!

The local birds around here are very healthy. Further north some flocks have been devastated by beak and feather disease. We had one bird that was a bit slow that we looked after inside the house. I took it to a vet but it was OK. Died on it's perch a couple of days later. Probably old age. Was nice that it came here to die. Was happy right up to the end, and is now buried in the backyard.

Most Reactions

Latest posts