Kashi - Yummy for Birds & People! CHEAP QUICK & EASY!

Cheeky409

Apr 5, 2013
Melbourne FL
Parrots
Jenday Conure
I'm not a Vegan and I do like to cook but on a whim I bought a couple of the Kashi frozen entrees when they went on sale a few weeks ago. ($3 at Publix)

I was TOTALLY surprised as to how good they were. You know how frozen dinners are usually bland and unexciting. I only tried three kinds but all were really tasty. The best part was that my picky picky picky Jenday Conure likes them too!

These are organic and contain all bird friendly ingredients. Our favorite is the Mayan Harvest Bake. "Plantains, black beans, sweet potato, kale, Kashi 7 grain & sesame pilaf, amaranth & polenta with a spicy ancho sauce. We also like the Black bean Enchilada and the Chicken Enchilada.

The only negative is that there is a bit too much sauce. Easy way to solve that is to cook up a cup of wild rice or quinoa. I forget the brand but I found two rice blends that have the whole and long grain rice mixed with other grains. Just cook up a cup , put it on a plate and transfer the cooked Kashi dinner on top. PERFECTION.

My baby Cheeky gets so excited when he sees the freezer door open (probably because he thinks he is getting ice cream:) I'm excited because he is finally interested in eating something besides junk. He does have a bit of a sweet tooth so he likes the Mayan bake best because of the Sweet Potato and plantains. It is not overly sweet, just a hint of it here and there. He used to like corn and carrots but lately won't eat them. I mixed a few in with the kashi and he gobbled them right up. So feel free to add some extra veggies to the entrees.
Sorry if I sound like a rambling lunatic. I just needed to share my excitement. I think some of you know how I feel;)
If anyone else has found any frozen meals that your bird likes, let me know. Some days I am just too beat to cook!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Good idea thanks for sharing:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts