Keeping chicks warm at night?

Kimmie123

Feb 19, 2020
Hi there... I’m new to the forum and haven’t worked out yet how to start a new thread... so thought I would ask here. I have 2 cockatiel chicks approx 7-10 days old! We have been having a terrible summer (Australia) here with temps climbing to 45 degrees Celsius ( over 110 Fahrenheit). We have now had a sudden drop to about 14 degrees C ( about 55F). When I checked the chicks this morning I thought one was dead. β€œHe” was cold and stiff, then I noticed his little beak move a tad. I brought both chucks inside to warm them up using warm soft cloths, then put them under a lamp ( normal book reading lamp). The small cold chuck came good so I placed them back in the breeding box in the aviary. The nights are suppose to stay cool fir the next week or more. How can I keep them warm? Is it best to bring them inside at night then put them back in morning. We do not have access to power close to aviary.... though I could prob run a long extension cord if need be. Any info would be much appreciated. Kim

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts