Keeping Single Conure Busy

PennyBaby

Aug 13, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure, normal, male, Hatched December 2021
Hi,

I have a gcc who is very attached to me, I fear he is very bored, especially when I'm at work. He has plenty of toys, however he refuses to play with them unless I'm touching them. Any tips?
My heart goes out for him thinking how bored he is...

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have been playing with Willows (Quaker) jingle ball and hanging bell toy while he’s out. He’s gotten to be ok with picking up the jingle ball and tossing it, and does shake the bell sometimes.

My gcc LOVED balls with jingle bells, made for cats. The tinier ones for parakeets he could chomp if he wanted to. I found the heavier plastic ones at a cat store and bought them for him and Quaker. He threw the balls inside the cage and they’d bounce off the walls and come back. Then he’d throw them again!

He also loved foraging boxes, stuffed with paper, that he could chew open and destroy.

You may just need to find the RIGHT toy.

Cosmo305

Jun 8, 2022
Parrots
GCC
I have a single GCC too and he will take a good long while destroying a Pellet Berry from Lafeber (they have more pellets in them than nutriberries). Sometimes I will hide them in things so he has to uncover them, seems to have gotten to them all in time!

Most Reactions

Latest posts