Kellan

Kellan

Jan 29, 2021
Scotland
Parrots
Echo is a 6 month Alexandrine. My 1st parrot
Hi all, I’m new to the 🦜 world. I’ve had an Alexandrine for 2 weeks and he has started to come up onto my hand. Echo, his name as I am a cardiology nurse, is 6 months. I would love another but a baby that has been hand reared and company for Echo. In the process of building an outside Avery for the summer months so he - they can get out into the sun. I also have 2 dogs and a tortoise. Any breeders that have or will have babies in the Uk please let me know.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to Parrotforum!

With just two weeks with Echo you two have barely developed a basic relationship, let alone a 'trust bond'. Alexandrines can develop astounding personalities, especially if you are willing to put in the time.

The common conscience here is that obtaining another Parrot to be a friend for your current one is just not a great idea. It is very important to understand that regardless of whether hand-raised, parent-raised or wild-caught there is no assurance that they will be friends or hate each other. If they do get along, you may become the third-one out!

Last edited:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome to you - hope you’ll share some pics of Echo :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts