Kernel 6.0.02 not working on my machine

Hodoal

Jan 9, 2023
Hello everyone.
I am new to parrotOs and Linux in general, I am installing and customizing parrot with bspwm, it happens that the last version 5.1.2 I could not boot it because my PC did not read the USB, then I had to install 5.0 and I did the required updates, from there I went from having the 5.0 kernel to the current one, this is the kernel 6.0.01parrot.

The problem is when I try to turn off or reboot my machine, it stays in the parrot logo and does not turn off, I have to press the shutdown button on the laptop to turn it off.

I installed a 5.10 kernel and it shuts down normally, but now I have problems with the computer drivers.

I would like to know if there is a way to fix kernel 6.0.02 for my machine.

Or how can I upgrade to a kernel that behaves well with my computer.

Specs:
Asus rog xtrig 2021
Ryzen 7 5800H

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello everyone.
I am new to parrotOs and Linux in general, I am installing and customizing parrot with bspwm, it happens that the last version 5.1.2 I could not boot it because my PC did not read the USB, then I had to install 5.0 and I did the required updates, from there I went from having the 5.0 kernel to the current one, this is the kernel 6.0.01parrot.

The problem is when I try to turn off or reboot my machine, it stays in the parrot logo and does not turn off, I have to press the shutdown button on the laptop to turn it off.

I installed a 5.10 kernel and it shuts down normally, but now I have problems with the computer drivers.

I would like to know if there is a way to fix kernel 6.0.02 for my machine.

Or how can I upgrade to a kernel that behaves well with my computer.

Specs:
Asus rog xtrig 2021
Ryzen 7 5800H

I definitely can't help with this, it's not something I understand. I did want to make sure that you know that this is a parrot (as in birds) forum. Are you talking about drones?

OP
Hodoal

Hodoal

Jan 9, 2023
Ohh I thought this was a parrotOS (a distribution of the Linux operating system) support forum. Sorry about that

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ohh I thought this was a parrotOS (a distribution of the Linux operating system) support forum. Sorry about that
No worries, it's happened before. I hope you can find the site you're looking for, and if you ever add a bird to your life you know where to come:)
Have a great day:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts