Kiddo requested a coloring page of our birds, I said okay, but only if pirates.

Feb 17, 2024
Tulsa
Parrots
Sunny (lutino budgie)
Sky (yellowface budgie)
Pixie (dilute budgie)
Ahoy there, it's Sunny and Sky and they've come for your shiny bells! After I started, we decided to get a larger cage for them, and went to the store where the budgie of my dreams approached me when I tapped on the glass, so now she lives in the boy's old cage. I'm chilling with her while I draw, she is content to explore the room fairly close to me. So, naturally I promised the kiddo the next image will be Pixie in a garden theme.

I've been trying to encourage her to use the drawing books I got her more, and Ed Emberley was who taught me how to draw when I was her age. So, the style is a nod to him and the island and ship are directly from his Big Green Drawing Book. His purple book has more detailed pirate stuff, if you have a kiddo. And yes, if you do, you can totally print this page for them.
Pirate Birb.jpg

Attachments

• birbs.jpg
    birbs.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 2

AshVee

Mar 12, 2024
Parrots
Banshee (Parakeet)
Sumara (GCC - Pineapple) - Hatched 5/28/2023
Pikachu (Cockatiel) - RIP Grumpy Old Man
They're little cheek marks are adorable! What a wonderful way to bond with your kiddo and involve your feathery friends!

OP
Gemma Sarracenia
Feb 17, 2024
Tulsa
Parrots
Sunny (lutino budgie)
Sky (yellowface budgie)
Pixie (dilute budgie)
Thank you :). It was a blast to relive my childhood a little with the project.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love this so much! Not only are you instilling a love for art, but also a love for parrots ❤️ My granddaughter will love to colour this, thank you!

OP
Gemma Sarracenia
Feb 17, 2024
Tulsa
Parrots
Sunny (lutino budgie)
Sky (yellowface budgie)
Pixie (dilute budgie)
I love this so much! Not only are you instilling a love for art, but also a love for parrots ❤️ My granddaughter will love to colour this, thank you!
No, thank you :).

Most Reactions