Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kito is 9 weeks old today and of course that calls for some more pics. :D

I'll play with this one.........
2302073.jpg

No wait this one..............
2302072.jpg

This is his favourite toy, but he can only play with it when he is out of the cage, as he can manage to get it over his head :eek:. Notice the food all down his front and back.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hard work all this play time.....
2202078.jpg

Bucc came over to see Kito, who was all noise and no action, So Bucc flew way up here, (he is NOT allowed up here ever, but on this occasion I didn't have the heart to move him, especially as Kito was so rude to him. The noise was cos Bucc was on Kito's towel.)

2302076.jpg

After Bath time, I'm sure the only reason he pretends to love his bath times is because of drying time.
23020720.jpg

Yes I do keep refering to Kito as a HE, as he has gotten so dark in the last couple of weeks. Oh well, we'll know for sure after the DNA sexing.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Those are so cute! Its cute how messy he is with food. He looks so cute when hes all cuddled up!

so i hvae question for you, did you buy him unweaned or are you supposed to feed all parrots that... stuff.. hand feeding stuff which i cant remember the name of when they first come home..? sorrey im just wondering because ive never had to do that with any of my budgies or tiels... theyve all been weaned onto seed and pellets and small peices of veggie and fruit.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I got Kito unweaned, well he's eating a little bit of Buccs food, but he's still on 3 feedings a day. Louise my breeder won't sell her birds unweaned usually but she made an exception in my case, only after she was satisfied that I could handfeed properly ( I have handfed before) and for that I would go up to hers and help her handfeed some other chicks she had last year. I didn't mind that, at least she knew I could do it.

I have to say though that its not something I would recommend unless you have lots of time and energy (which I now havent got) I have to make sure that I'm home for his feedings, so no going out for the day for quite a while. Its just like having a human baby (yuk) in the house again, I much prefer this kind of baby :D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Tomorrow he'll be 9 weeks and a day so that calls for lots of pictures too right??? :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Definately, and believe me I've got loads of them. :D

GreyMan

Mar 2, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Parrots
Iniko - 3 year old Timneh Grey
We bought Iniko unweaned. Hand feeding does take a lot of dedication and time. It is very cute to see them with food all over their faces. I miss my baby Grey now. If I were to get another parrot though... it would have to be a Hyacinth Macaw. I've been wanting one for years.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
We bought Iniko unweaned. Hand feeding does take a lot of dedication and time. It is very cute to see them with food all over their faces. I miss my baby Grey now. If I were to get another parrot though... it would have to be a Hyacinth Macaw. I've been wanting one for years.

Yeah, a lot of time, I'd forgotten just how much time a baby takes. But he's growing so fast I'm so glad I decided to go this way. He can get into so much mess with food getting it everywhere but its great fun to watch him do more and more things. :D

A hyacinth macaw, that is the bird my hubby really wants, and has even said if we had the money he would definately get 2 of them. :D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
A Hyacinth Macaw is the one bird my dad wants too. He always tells my sister and I that he can't wait until we move out b/c they're going to get rid of all the other animals and get a Hyacinth. I think it's because it's University of Michigan colors, sooo....of course my dad has to have it. haha. I think he would come to his senses though and realize he's not quite up to it.

Most Reactions