Kiwi

ILOVEKIWI

Dec 15, 2020
somewhere you'll never find me
Parrots
Kiwi GCC
Hello everyone
I'm not new here, but since I never really properly introduced me and my bird when I first signed up, I thought I'd do it now :) I hope that's ok :p

So I adopted Kiwi in the beginning of December of 2020, he was the best thing that happened to me in 2020 and totally turned my year around for the better and I can't imagine my life without him. It was definitely challenging especially during exams and having to slowly get used to me, and getting on top of weaning and syringe feeding and all that. Raising baby bird is a lotttt harder than it looks:D Totally worth it but extremely difficult :)

I watched him learn how to fly and watched his feathers come in too. We got out of it and everything is a lot easier and relaxed now. He's currently 4 months (or 3.5 breeder told us he was "1.5 or 2 months" when we got him :confused:)

Now we're fully weaned and bonded and I thankfully have a happy healthy boy (honestly we don't know his gender but.. we're not going to talk about that:D) Who loves to climb and play and cuddle and fly!

I'm constantly learning how to give him the best life since I've only been a parrot mom for less than a year, But I do love him so much and I love the opportunity to keep bettering his life :) All in all, he's happy and I'm happy too.

This forum has helped me so many times, and its so fun to read about other types of birds. Especially Amazons and African greys, It blows me away how smart birds are and how cute and funny they are too!

So yeah I hope this was ok to do :eek: and I hope you have gotten to know Kiwi a little better. Not really sure what the point of this thread was but I hope you enjoyed it anyways :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
A Very Happy Congratulations that your hard work has paid-off and Kiwi is a likewise happy.

And now an official welcome to Parrot Forum!
Look forward to your updates on life with Kiwi

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It was a great idea to introduce yourself snd Kiwi!!! I'm so happy he is fully weaned. How much does he weigh now??? Maybe we can see a new picture? We love pictures!

I prefer to get DNA sexing done right off the bat. Because once you start thinking of them as boy or girl its hard to rethink lol at least for me.

OP
ILOVEKIWI

ILOVEKIWI

Dec 15, 2020
somewhere you'll never find me
Parrots
Kiwi GCC
It was a great idea to introduce yourself snd Kiwi!!! I'm so happy he is fully weaned. How much does he weigh now??? Maybe we can see a new picture? We love pictures!
Thank youuu! I'm so happy he's weaned as well, kind of a wild ride especially since it was kind of prolonged, but the funny thing is that as soon as I stopped stressing so much about it (couldn't stop the stress completely but it just didn't keep me up at night lol) and just went with what the vet told me without overthinking it just happened :D I'm SURE there is a lesson here somewhere :p My anxious mind never learns :D Oh and about the pictures their coming soon ;)

I prefer to get DNA sexing done right off the bat. Because once you start thinking of them as boy or girl its hard to rethink lol at least for me.
Honestly I'm too deep bahah, I can't imagine him as a girl lol but we'll get the sexing done though eventually :eek:

Most Reactions

Latest posts