Kiwi's summer 'menu'

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Please stop Posting to this Thread! My DYH Amazon protests ever time he sees Kiwi's Summer menu!

His last Poster Read: I'm Leaving -going to Live with Kiwi -unless upgrades are make!!!

Yes, they are both way too spoiled! If widely seen, I swear that we'd have Veggy Heads wimping for either Kiwi or our Julio's Left Overs!

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Please stop Posting to this Thread! My DYH Amazon protests ever time he sees Kiwi's Summer menu!

His last Poster Read: I'm Leaving -going to Live with Kiwi -unless upgrades are make!!!

Yes, they are both way too spoiled! If widely seen, I swear that we'd have Veggy Heads wimping for either Kiwi or our Julio's Left Overs!

"Veggie Heads"= vegetarians/vegan (humans)?

;)Yup we sure do eat similar diets to our avian companions (or at least I do:)). I would have to draw the line at chop, as I will eat my veg and leafy greens without 'trickery' (unlike certain household members:green:):rolleyes:. My dehydrator is actually primarily for my own use, just helpful in bird food preparation.

You tell Julio we don't need the goose patrol on our case. I can only imagine fish and game knocking at our door looking for the illegally kept Canadian "gooses" should he and Kiwi meet:D

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

"Veggie Heads"= vegetarians/vegan (humans)?

;)Yup we sure do eat similar diets to our avian companions (or at least I do:)). I would have to draw the line at chop, as I will eat my veg and leafy greens without 'trickery' (unlike certain household members:green:):rolleyes:. My dehydrator is actually primarily for my own use, just helpful in bird food preparation.

You tell Julio we don't need the goose patrol on our case. I can only imagine fish and game knocking at our door looking for the illegally kept Canadian "gooses" should he and Kiwi meet:D

Yes, love it! Our guys would have the Fish and Wild Life Officer's knocking at the door if our two guys got together!!! :D

A dear friend refers to himself as a Veggie Head. Couldn't remember the correct term (sorry!), since he uses the Veggie Head so often. He visits and has dinner with us often. He always kid us that he and our YWA (now DYHA) would always have the same dish. Recently, us Meaties were having chicken while he and Julio where busy with their Veggies. At the point that I had finished a chicken bone, Julio did a 180, grabbed the bone and began taking the bone apart! Ed was beside himself as he said: Julio, say its not true, say you haven't gone over to the dark side. Deep belly laughter erupted!!!

wter5989

May 24, 2016
That's just it,he won't eat leafy anything,ugh, yesterday I put some dry oats in his food dish an I do believe he ate some of it, I was shocked going to try it again today,an I plan on trying kiwi,this weekend

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
This is amazing! I can't believe how much food you fit into that 1 jar!

I'm sure I can hear my freezer crying out "buy a dehydrator!"
So it looks like it's the next thing on my list of things to buy...

Those candies look like yummy nibbles... I suspect I may have to taste test those quite a few times before giving any to Bella! :)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Yes, love it! Our guys would have the Fish and Wild Life Officer's knocking at the door if our two guys got together!!! :D

A dear friend refers to himself as a Veggie Head. Couldn't remember the correct term (sorry!), since he uses the Veggie Head so often. He visits and has dinner with us often. He always kid us that he and our YWA (now DYHA) would always have the same dish. Recently, us Meaties were having chicken while he and Julio where busy with their Veggies. At the point that I had finished a chicken bone, Julio did a 180, grabbed the bone and began taking the bone apart! Ed was beside himself as he said: Julio, say its not true, say you haven't gone over to the dark side. Deep belly laughter erupted!!!

Kiwi is a vegetarian (by his own choice), though not a vegan as he will gobble up any form of dairy products:rolleyes: whenever he can get his beakie on it. When we still lived in AZ, my mom would watch Kiwi every once if we had to go out of town. She always called to 'complain' about him (I slipped on the floor because he took a bath in his dish, he's hanging upside down staring at me, I rustled a bag of chips and he's freaking out....). One of my favorite was when she called to complain she handed out pheasant bones to her birds and gave Kiwi a little one. Her birds crack them open and eat the marrow. Apparently he was quite offended at what was in his dish and he flung it under the washing machine, which she had quite a difficult time getting it out from under lol. He's been offered meat too on a few occasions by people and won't touch it. He doesn't know what he's being praised for, but I always tell him he's a good boy when he refuses it:D

MutatedFungi

Nov 13, 2016
Oh my! This looks fairly simple to make, I am trying to research as much as possible for a more natural diet, rather than feeding pellets only supplemented with veggies and fruit.

Natural food, supplemented with pellets are okay, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk

Loko

Oct 1, 2016
Miami
Parrots
Sun Conure - Loco
This is awesome thanks! And are you saying ALL of that fit into those two things? Ive never used a dehydrator so I have no idea but thats incredible. Once I find a chop recipe my guy will eat Im going to look into doing this.

jiannotto9492

Jun 14, 2015
Long Island, New York
Parrots
Curry the Indian Ringneck
This is awesome thanks! And are you saying ALL of that fit into those two things? Ive never used a dehydrator so I have no idea but thats incredible. Once I find a chop recipe my guy will eat Im going to look into doing this.

Yup, I fit a whole punch of veggies into a cereal keeper after I dehydrated them and Curry loves them!

Shine

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Nevada
Parrots
Fidget - BFA, Addy - Red Lored
I've been reading this with interest and have ordered a dehydrator and a food processor from amazon a couple of days ago. Couple of questions though.
1. Can I dehydrate a bunch of different things and then mix them into chop after they are dehydrated? I'm thinking that I could make a mix of broccoli, carrots, beets and squash, then dehydrate. Then a week later add some corn, cukes and kale after dehydrating separately? It would kind of evolve into a different mix as time goes on.
2. Do you mix fruits and veges together in your chop? Fidget doesn't seem to like bananas or strawberries in chop but can't get enough in chunks?

I love the idea of doing this!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
you really inspire me to get my dehydrator out... a much easier way to give healthy foods.

Most Reactions

Latest posts