left hold the baby(macaw)

stue

Dec 2, 2022
Parrots
blue and gold macaw
hope someone on here can help me through the next few months i have been left to look after a 10-week-old baby macaw and not sure what to do with feeding , weaning at the mo his on 90mil of baby parrot food, and doing well-gaining weight do i increase the feed ever week ? have been doing so the last few weeks any help would be great or where i can find the info i need ..i have been living with someone who has had bird all her life and knows what she was doing but we have split up and the macaw is my 1st bird

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Here is a thread that covers your needs quite well. Not to read anything into the title, but is has lots of great info.

https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/so-you-bought-an-unweaned-baby.74363/

Raising parrot babies is a lot like raising human babies, except they have a can opener on their face. Good on you for taking this on, I wish you luck and a wonderful experience with your macaw, they are awesome.

OP
S

stue

Dec 2, 2022
Parrots
blue and gold macaw

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
What a tough situation.

I have not hand raised baby parrots but wrench gave you a good pointer.

I would find a vet or breeder to ask advice of.

Best of luck! You could end up with a very nice companion bird.

OP
S

stue

Dec 2, 2022
Parrots
blue and gold macaw
What a tough situation.

I have not hand raised baby parrots but wrench gave you a good pointer.

I would find a vet or breeder to ask advice of.

Best of luck! You could end up with a very nice companion bird.
thanks, he already comes to me when he's out for an hour or so managed to get in touch with the breeder today giving me the help I will need in the coming months

OP
S

stue

Dec 2, 2022
Parrots
blue and gold macaw
here my sheldon looking out for his next feed

Attachments

• PXL_20221128_141612991.jpg
    PXL_20221128_141612991.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 55
OP
S

stue

Dec 2, 2022
Parrots
blue and gold macaw
his doing great and I am back with my girlfriend so everything fine saw the breeder the other day and said I'm doing ok as the baby is really growing will,

Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
hope someone on here can help me through the next few months i have been left to look after a 10-week-old baby macaw and not sure what to do with feeding , weaning at the mo his on 90mil of baby parrot food, and doing well-gaining weight do i increase the feed ever week ? have been doing so the last few weeks any help would be great or where i can find the info i need ..i have been living with someone who has had bird all her life and knows what she was doing but we have split up and the macaw is my 1st bird
Are you a breeder? I’m looking to buy a hand raised baby.

Most Reactions

Latest posts