Leg Band Help

birdolynn

Nov 30, 2012
I have been searching for information on how to read leg bands for a long time and can't seem to figure it out. I can't find the breeder for my bird and just want to know his age.

His band ID is TBB [IA 07(sideways)] 4068. Does the 07 mean that he was born in 2007 and does the IA stand for Iowa?

He's a rescue bird and I was told that he might be around 7 years old...but they weren't sure. Any information would be nice! Thank you!

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
From every thing I've read, each breeder can have their own system of labeling. There is not a national systematic banding system although it would be nice but difficult to track. It is possible that your assumption is correct but IA 07 could be the the seventh breed bird for the person who has IA as initials.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Sounds like the information is correct.

If your breeder is listed, you might be able to find them here... (there were two previous sites that had a lot of information about leg bands on them, but have since been closed down)
New Leg Band Registry

A YH group that helps trace bands LegBandNumbers : Leg Band Numbers

A few places that produce leg bands may or may not help trace the band if it's one of theirs...
L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue
Red Bird Products
DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings

Information on Leg Bands
Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - The ABC's Of Leg Bands - Identifying Birds
Interpreting Bird Bands
Choosing Your Bird

Possible names... The Bird Barn, Texas Bird Band, The Birdie Boutique... which none appear to be in IA?

Best of luck in your search!

Most Reactions

Latest posts