Levi & I are just stopping by to say Hi πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Hope everyone is doing well.
It's been a while since I checked in. Levi is 6 now & still his bossy self.
We are still hunkered down & avoiding the masses. Even though we've all been exposed to Covid (Jan '22) John Luke's doctors are not convince he won't get it again. So, we are still in lockdown. I knew John Luke wouldn't do well with Covid & I was right. (Unfortunately) I would have rather been wrong. Thank God he survived, but it was a close call & very scary. Levi wasn't too happy about JL & I being MIA for two weeks either.

What's new around here, other than the obvious, the new forum format?

AUG_1548_L.jpg

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Good morning lovely Tami and Levi, it's so good to see your beautiful faces again!!πŸ’–πŸ’– Oh I just can't imagine how scary it must have been for JL to have gotten COVID, thank God he's ok and hopefully with no longer term ill-effects as has happened to so many others.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Hope to see much more of you in future Tami, and maybe some of more of your gorgeous photography as well - you have been missed!!😘

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thank You so much, Martina. You are still so very kind & always one of my faves. πŸ’ž

The only thing that I can see outright, is his appetite. Unfortunately, while in hospital they weren't overly concerned about nutrition. Even though I was complaining to everyone that would listen. He lost 12lbs that he couldn't afford to lose. He was 121 when admitted to the ICU & when I finally weighed him a couple weeks after we were home he was 109. I haven't been able to get him above 113. Trust me I've been trying like mad. Other than that, I don't know.
My sister & her husband had it in June of '21 & again this June & they've been struggling with some residual lung issues ever since last June. Unfortunately, John Luke can't tell me, I have to read his nonverbal cues.

As far as my Wildlife Photography, I haven't been out exploring since Dec 2019, before all of the craziness was thrust upon us. So, it's all archives for me at this point. John Luke is always my 1st priority. Hopefully, someday soon we can engage in life again. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Miss you to & hope you are well. πŸ€—

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwww thank you Tamzzz, that’s so very sweet of you to say, you have always been one of my very favourites here too! ❀️

How incredible that this dreadful disease even managed to find John Luke despite your superhuman efforts to shield him from it! I pray that he recovers his appetite and is able to avoid further trouble πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ We’ve both had it down here, thankfully with minimal problems, although with my hubby’s heart condition and reported issues around inflammation of the heart I do worry about him – so far so good however but I do watch him like a hawk!!

Your archival photographs would be wonderful to see too, perhaps a retrospective exhibit of them might be in order! :love:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Nutrition is important! Sad that wasn't taken seriously!! Hopefully recovery continues on a faster pace now you got him home .

My parents are just getting over covid , they got the anti viral meds. My mom snapped back quick..my dad...its lingering...

If you haven't heard of I naturalist, its a free app for all of nature, bugs, plants, Animals birds . You uploaded you pictures observations and app and other users confirm identity. They're are projects on the app that you can join and researches and scientists use. Each state wildlife has a project, abd federal Endangered species project, pollinators, bumble bee project, burd tracker projects.. most parks have projects to track species found in them. Anyway! Lol its lots of fun if you like nature abd taking nature pic and learning more about the life around us.

Love to see you and Levi!!

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I know right. We've been locked down since Jan 2020. As soon as I started to hear about this 'Novel Corona Virus'. That was it. We shut in & protected him like Loons... ha πŸ˜„
But, John's boss wanted him to come into the office for an overdue visit. (John is a field engineer) So, he never goes into the office. He wanted him to come in over the holidays & John didn't get there until Jan. So, we are pretty sure that's where he picked it up. I tried my best to keep it from John Luke. John & John Luke are my velcro boys. So, John probably gave it to him before he even started to feel ill himself. When John is sick he stays away from Johnny.

Believe it or not, I never got it. We praise God for that. πŸ™πŸ» John Luke needed me with him in hospital. So, I couldn't get sick. I had to advocate for my boy.

Sorry to hear you both got it as well. At this point I believe the majority of the world has been exposed. Sorry about your husband's heart. Do you think he suffered cardiac inflammation from the disease or that shots? So scary .....

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thanks Laura, John Luke was sick back in Jan. spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I was appalled at how flippant they all were about him not eating. And get this, when the nurse practitioner called as a followup after discharge. I told her I had many issues, but the biggest was the lack of nutrition. She said, "yea I know, that is one of our biggest complaints" ... 😳 I was stunned. I said, you are aware of this & it continues. Totally unacceptable!!! It was crazy & Thank God, I was able to stay with him in isolation the entire time. πŸ™πŸ»

Thanks for that app. I'll definitely check it out. 😊
Sorry to hear about your folks. Glad they are on the mend.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I know right. We've been locked down since Jan 2020. As soon as I started to hear about this 'Novel Corona Virus'. That was it. We shut in & protected him like Loons... ha πŸ˜„
But, John's boss wanted him to come into the office for an overdue visit. (John is a field engineer) So, he never goes into the office. He wanted him to come in over the holidays & John didn't get there until Jan. So, we are pretty sure that's where he picked it up. I tried my best to keep it from John Luke. John & John Luke are my velcro boys. So, John probably gave it to him before he even started to feel ill himself. When John is sick he stays away from Johnny.

Believe it or not, I never got it. We praise God for that. πŸ™πŸ» John Luke needed me with him in hospital. So, I couldn't get sick. I had to advocate for my boy.

Sorry to hear you both got it as well. At this point I believe the majority of the world has been exposed. Sorry about your husband's heart. Do you think he suffered cardiac inflammation from the disease or that shots? So scary .....
Oh you may not know, my hubby had a triple bypass way back in 2005 hence our concern for him. He hasn't suffered any particular inflammation or issue due to having had COVID thank God, but it's something that has been reported with others particularly with the latest variants. Much as I'd like to I can't wrap him up in cotton wool and he does insist on doing several kilometres running on the treadmill most days - he eased back into that quite carefully but it's just something we need to be mindful of with him now.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Oh you may not know, my hubby had a triple bypass way back in 2005 hence our concern for him. He hasn't suffered any particular inflammation or issue due to having had COVID thank God, but it's something that has been reported with others particularly with the latest variants. Much as I'd like to I can't wrap him up in cotton wool and he does insist on doing several kilometres running on the treadmill most days - he eased back into that quite carefully but it's just something we need to be mindful of with him now.
Oh okay, got it. I completely understand your concerns. πŸ™πŸ»

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sweet Tami, It's so good to see your name!
I am so sorry for all you've been through, and poor John Luke. Thank God he survived.
I can't imagine how hard the isolation must be for you all.
We miss you here, please don't wait so long to come visit us again. I also echo Mart's request of your archived photos!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi You! We have missed your and Levi's posts to be sure. I am glad that your family has (mostly) survived this horrible pandemic. I hope you stay in touch with your PF family.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to the safe place to interact with each other during the continuous, seemly never ending pandemic. We have been very lucking to not get it, at least to this point. The shots and boosters seem to only help in curving the seriousness of this 'SARS' based Virus. We have several friends who have gotten it and have had relapses as well.

Keep safe Dear Friend!!

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thanks so much for the warm welcome & kind words Terry, Texsize, Wrench & Sailboat.

Terry reached out to me to let me know about Jim's passing. Devastating news for sure. πŸ’” I was very fond of Jim. He was one of the first people on this forum to befriend me when I was a newbie. Then we both became Mods together. So, I was heartbroken when Terry emailed me.

Being shut in since Jan 2020 has been difficult. But, I did keep my boy safe for 2 years. Then when John got it I thought, well if we had to get exposed at least it's the Omincron variant. And even the weakest strain almost took out my sweet boy ... so very scary. That being said, I am convinced he wouldn't have survived the original strain.
Once we were discharged I told John well, now we can get back to having some quality of life now that we all have natural immunity to covid. But, all of his Docs said, not so fast. He can still get another variant. 😩 It's tough, especially b/c John Luke doesn't really understand why we aren't going anywhere.
To make matters worse, we lost my Dad on Father's Day of 2020. We were supposed to visit them that Feb for John Luke's birthday & then I started hearing all about Covid in Jan. So, I canceled our flight & trip. I didn't want to expose John Luke to an unknown virus that could potentially take his life. Being on steroids since he's 5 makes him immunocompromised. So, it's has been a miserable 2.5 years for sure.
Johnny keeps asking to go see grandpa. 😰 My Dad & JL were best buddies. So there it is .....

Thanks again, your guys are the best. I won't wait so long to come back & check in. 😘

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Tami, it's so great to see you back! You have very much been missed, my friend. I'm very happy to hear that you're all doing okay, and that JL survived that miserable virus. I think of you often, and wonder how JL is fairing with covid, isolation and all that. I really appreciate the update, and even more, we all appreciate you, our dear super mom! :)

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thank you Jon! It takes one to know one. πŸ₯°
As you are not only a SUPERMOD but also a SUPERDAD as well. πŸ’•
Hope you & your boy are well.

Most Reactions