Lighting & Charing

Skyhaze001

Feb 27, 2020
Hello, I recently brought an Indian ring neck back in February, think she is like 2/3 years old. She has been hand raised and is really playful.

Towards me she don’t mind me doing anything and accepts all the fuss, but because I work early mornings my mum cleans her cage every morning, she’s totally fine with it, infact Molly (parakeet) screeches when she’s waiting for it to be cleaned. Through the day if my mum goes towards the cage Molly decides to charge at her and crash into the side of the cage with her beak. What is the best way forward to try and stop her doing this? I’m concerned she may hurt herself in the process of charging at my mum.

Molly comes out her cage every day and is totally fine around people, especially when food is involved!

Secondly, I’ve been reading a lot about lighting in the cage, is this needed? If it’s ideal I would happily buy it, but I’ve heard you have a certain percent of light on or something? Is there a time limit of how long they should be on for to?

If anybody can link me a decent one for them I would be grateful!

Here is Molly.

EE138CA0-B4D6-4BA2-A6FE-64353F4A0B35.jpg

2EC73B80-B34B-414B-BF8F-D7905DC3DA43.jpg

Thanks for any help provided.

GigiDutreix

Jul 1, 2020
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parrot
Does she try to bite your mom? What do you mean by crashing into the cage? It might be a sign of territory aggression. Cages are parrot's safe spaces-- and if they feel threatened they'll protect it intensely.

IMO don't buy light for a cage. Parrots do best with natural sunlight. So maybe take her outside on a harness in the future and just let her soak it up.

Most Reactions

Latest posts