Lighting ?

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Hello, we have a Cockatoo, but I want to ask a question about what type of lighting is best for our Gouldian Finches ?

The cage lighting hood I believe is about 24"x 16" fluorescent tubes.
Is any full spectrum light ok ?

How about full spectrum LED lighting for fresh water aquaiums ?

I would prefer LED's as they last a very long time. We have LED. lighting for our saltwater reef tanks and love them.

Let us know what you advise.
Thanks,
Kevin

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Read this Thread in the General Health Care Forum: Full Spectrum Lighting - Do You Want It part-1
You will find it near the top of that Forum, with the section that is highlighted in light blue.

What you will find is a long, but very well documented review on Full Spectrum Lighting, also referred to as Day Light and UV Lighting!

Long story short: Its you choice! If you're doing it to save some money over-time, good choice! If you're doing it to provide a more natural light, kind of good choice! If you're doing it to provide a Healthy Lighting Source, Its your money to waste as you see fit!

FYI: Be very careful of how close you place these to your 'Pets!' Place the light you wish to use the same distance from your eyes, turn it on and then turn it off. If you see spots, that's a potential problem, Yes?

Enjoy the Read!

Hello, we have a Cockatoo, but I want to ask a question about what type of lighting is best for our Gouldian Finches ?

The cage lighting hood I believe is about 24"x 16" fluorescent tubes.
Is any full spectrum light ok ?

How about full spectrum LED lighting for fresh water aquaiums ?

I would prefer LED's as they last a very long time. We have LED. lighting for our saltwater reef tanks and love them.

Let us know what you advise.
Thanks,
Kevin

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Never thought of the blinding,....light !

Thanks so much !
Patty & Kevin

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Please read the article, its a great read.

We use LED's for general lighting; fixture (with glass covers), Floor and table lights with shades that focus the light to the floor and ceiling.

I use Day Light bulbs outside and in the garage (especially the door opener light) basement work rooms and any place that is a really pain to switch out, like that bulb 18' in air.

Now, there will be those that total disagree, stating study after study that show UV lighting in a totally different 'Light.' Yup, check who funded the studies. Enough said, Enjoy the read!

Never thought of the blinding,....light !

Thanks so much !
Patty & Kevin

Most Reactions