Lola's wing

Sarah.d

May 5, 2013
Hi , I have noticed over the past few days that my new Quakers wing don't look right . One of them tucks under nicely but the other side hangs down and you can see where her wing has been clipped I'm worried about it as it looks different to how it should can anyone give me any advice at all thanks sarah and Lola :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi Sarah, here is a picture of 2 Quakers sitting next to each other.

Is it possible to post a picture of Lola so we can see your concern? Since she's been clipped, perhaps one of the cut feathers dig into her side, and that "could" be why she's holding one wing differently from the other. I am only speculating here. :)

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Without a pic or two, it will be difficult to offer any advice...sorry.....

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Could be an injury/sprain, or it could be because of the clip. I have noticed in my little birds that were used to having flights, if they lost their flight feathers (re: clip), then they have a hard time adjusting their wings appropriately because the feathers are no longer there to "rest" against the body.

Is only one wing clipped or both?

OP
S

Sarah.d

May 5, 2013
Hi I will put in a picture both sides are clipped this is the side that hangs down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 251

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Lola's wing looks fine to me. :) She is drooping the lower portion where her flight feathers were trimmed, so I would suspect they may irritate her a bit when she folds those under snuggly.

VERY pretty quaker your Lola. :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Good ideas so far of what it might be

Do you think he might be tired? Rosie will droop one wing when she is starting to get sleepy

8c3108ecb50411e2919022000a1f8daa_7.jpg

f4a5774ab39d11e2a3ff22000a1fb762_7.jpg

OP
S

Sarah.d

May 5, 2013
Thanks for the advice :) I don't think she is tired as her wing has been out like this for few days now , it does not bother her though . She is a very sooky baby and hardly leaves my arm I love her. To bits

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
When was she clipped?

OP
S

Sarah.d

May 5, 2013
I have had her a week now , her wings were clipped when I got her , but the lady I got her of was strange and will not answer any of my questions about Lola

Melandkids

Feb 24, 2013
Media
Florida
Parrots
Athena -blue crowned conure
Zeus - sun conure
Josey- B&G
I would have her checked just in case. You never know. And if it is something you can catch it in time.

OP
S

Sarah.d

May 5, 2013
Thanks everyone :) it's looking like its starting to tuck in now :) she is having a vet check soon will get them to look at it . This morning my little Lola laughed for the first time , she is so smart

Most Reactions