lonely, bored or just fascination?

AvaMarie

Jul 26, 2012
Hello everyone, I have a one year old green cheek conure and I notice that when I have her by the living room window which faces a lot of trees she tends to purr and look out avidly and often try to step through the window.she will talk out to the others birds as well, especially crows.she loves them. I was just wondering if that meant she was very lonely, bored or what? Thanks for you're :green:time. And she is an only fid.

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I associate that purring with a very happy GCC. I think she is enjoying birdy television!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
My GCC would purr also. It is so cute. Perhaps you can get a small carry cage and take her outside in the natural light and sounds but not when it it too hot.

thermodynamic

Apr 13, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Parrots
Rosie = Rescued Pineapple GCC,
Rusty = bought Cinnamon GCC,
Scooter = bought Normal GCC,
Tybbi MacGuyver = Rescued Blue Crown Conure
Hello everyone, I have a one year old green cheek conure and I notice that when I have her by the living room window which faces a lot of trees she tends to purr and look out avidly and often try to step through the window.she will talk out to the others birds as well, especially crows.she loves them. I was just wondering if that meant she was very lonely, bored or what? Thanks for you're :green:time. And she is an only fid.

All three of mine purr.

Even Rosie, who was abused and loathes being touched... she prefers somersaults getting my attention, but she does purr (and mimic kissing and other sounds)

They do purr out of contentedness or happiness. Rusty and Scooter both purr when it's that time of the night they can come out of their cage and be on the playgym or getting neck scritches...

Most Reactions