Look what I’m getting...

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
This awesome manzanita play stand!! Just wanted to share before it arrives. Should be here in a few weeks. My birds are gonna be sooo happy!

flybirdiesfly-albums-my-flock-picture20543-c13091d2-9baa-4428-a94f-e2e800a9a320.jpeg

And if you’re interested, it’s called the “Small Bird Perch Tree” on Ebay. Just be sure to contact the seller and he’ll send you pictures of different trees to choose from. It’s actually a lot less pricey than one of those Java wood trees!

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I saw some of these at the bird fair I went to back in February.
They looked nice but my Son talked me out of getting one.
My CAG would not come out of her cage for a month if I brought something like that home.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
So cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
That is magnificent! Hope your birds are accepting. I have one in the corner of my bird room that has literally sat unused for 5 years! The 4 birds in that room accept it as-is but won't get closer than about 3 feet!!

OP
FlyBirdiesFly

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
My birds are usually good at accepting new things, usually all I have to do is lure them closer with a treat and they’ll forget their fears. I also have a Prevue playstand that they all love and play on every day. They fly back and forth from the playstand to their cages to the climbing net I have hanging from the ceiling. I’m not worried at all.

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
I saw some of these at the bird fair I went to back in February.
They looked nice but my Son talked me out of getting one.
My CAG would not come out of her cage for a month if I brought something like that home.

Ive something similar for Enzo, she went straight to it as she is very inquisitive. Unfortunately the one i've got is just too big for the house at 6' x 4' at the top, totally not GF friendly

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Luckily my birds all accept new things and very rarely are they scared of stuff and even then if I just put it near them for 10 mins they'll eventually accept it. However, our household in general kind of has an attitude where we don't caudal anyone even birds. We're like "here it's your new cage!" And "hey you're going on a plane, here's your airline carrier" and they're just kind of like "oh.. thanks...of course it is." But maybe Conures are more easy going than bigger birds. Even with my son I'm like "hey... we're going to the mall where you're going to follow me around and not touch anything!" And he's like "okay Mom." Lol or "hey it's time e to do a math review in the middle of the summer" and he's like "yes Mom". Maybe they used my son as a shining example of accepting things you don't necessarily want to do but doing them with a good attitude.

Anyways...that stand looks amazing. I like the branches on the bottom part.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I think it is (almost) all about attitude from the humans - if you are okay with it and relax, the bird will follow-
but if you sit on the edge of your seat, staring at the bird and the new object, focusing on whats going on, tracking every move... out little prey-animal has no choice but to feel there is something very wrong: something new and the flock is on edge about it...

I was unpacking my bag (went parrottoy- and general petsupply-shopping ) and I got out a few balls -> Sunny almost climbed trough the cagebars to take a look/feel.
The moment I presented one of them to her (not moving away from my spot at all, so she did not get them in her space or too close)... she backed off, because I was paying attention to what she was doing instead of "playing" myself.
Maybe she read it as me defending my toy (although that usually never stops her from trying..) but my attitude (focus) changed and *bam* so did hers.

That is a great looking stand btw!! :)
I hope you all have many happy hours with it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts