Looking For a Baby/Weaned Macaw

Jun 11, 2022
Parrots
2 Budgies and a Conure
Hoping to get a Macaw
Does anyone know where I could get a baby Macaw? I have no local breeders so I'm looking for a website that ships, but I'd like to pick the bird up at an airport if possible. I don't know what sites do that. Does anyone have any experience with that sort of thing? I know there's a website called "BirdBreeders" but I don't know if thats a trustworthy site. I'd like to get a Harlequin if possible btw.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Does anyone know where I could get a baby Macaw? I have no local breeders so I'm looking for a website that ships, but I'd like to pick the bird up at an airport if possible. I don't know what sites do that. Does anyone have any experience with that sort of thing? I know there's a website called "BirdBreeders" but I don't know if thats a trustworthy site. I'd like to get a Harlequin if possible btw.
Look on Craigslist or at rescues. I personally wouldn't trust ANY site that ships parrots, but that's just me.

OP
MyFeatheredFlock
Jun 11, 2022
Parrots
2 Budgies and a Conure
Hoping to get a Macaw
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I've thought about looking on Craigslist but I'm afraid I might accidentally buy a sick bird or one with some sort of disease. But I'll definitely look on there and at some rescues, ty.
Just make sure you are allowed to visit the whole clutch, or at least be allowed to visit the baby you want before making any sort of commitment.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
The rescue where I got my ringneck from had a lot of macaws :( Harlequins are so pretty!!

So far I feel like having a rescue instead of a baby bird isn't MORE work, it's just different work.

Some rescues work with a vet themselves. You could always ask if they do testing for common diseases, or if they would be willing to do so if your macaw finds you there ;)

Most Reactions