Looking for a budgie or a Indian ringneck to adopt

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Hello, I am looking for an Indian Ringneck or budgie to adopt. I reside in Idaho, If anyone here has one that can't take care of it anymore I'd be happy to adopt it. 😊

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
IRNs and budgies are very different birds, with different sizes and personalities. You can't really have a cage or anything set up that could suit either one of them. It's kind of a one or the other situation.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Same tons of budgies on Craigslist all the time.

Indian ring necks are very beautiful. But need much more space. snd can be very loud, can really scream and screech ..Well even budgies need much more space than any cage I've ever seen sold st petstores But as a species very hand shy, if not raised with human contact, and not continued social and interactions with, they loose their tameness. And it can be difficult to get that back . So then they are often rehomed. A good breeder, and they do very well, very charming. But still not that into bring petted. Which there are other species that's don't prefer petting but still enjoy hanging out with .
their people and enteract.

Last edited:
OP
A

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
IRNs and budgies are very different birds, with different sizes and personalities. You can't really have a cage or anything set up that could suit either one of them. It's kind of a one or the other

OP
A

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Same tons of budgies on Craigslist all the time.

Indian ring necks are very beautiful. But need much more space. snd can be very loud, can really scream and screech ..Well even budgies need much more space than any cage I've ever seen sold st petstores But as a species very hand shy, if not raised with human contact, and not continued social and interactions with, they loose their tameness. And it can be difficult to get that back . So then they are often rehomed. A good breeder, and they do very well, very charming. But still not that into bring petted. Which there are other species that's don't prefer petting but still enjoy hanging out with .
their people and enteract.
I know I have an IRN and I have had budgies the majority of my life. I'm looking for one to adopt, because my budgie passed away recently. I'm not a new bird owner lol. My IRN is a sweet boy and misses his buddy Kiwi, I figured instead of buying one from a pet store I would try to find a rescue or if someone just doesn't have the time for one anymore I would adopt it. I'm sorry I guess I should've stated I'm not a beginner when it comes to birds 🤷‍♀️. Where I live birds are not the easiest to find.

Last edited:
OP
A

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
In my area there are tons of bugies looking for a home on craigslist.
Thank you for the reply! I've checked on Craigslist and there is absolutely nothing, I guess I could keep looking. Are you in Idaho?

OP
A

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Yes I know thank you. I have an IRN that ive had since he was baby currently and my budgie passed away recently which was my IRNs friend. I actually have a cage thats suitable for both birds. I showed have stated I'm not a beginner since I have had both for the majority of my life.

Most Reactions

Latest posts