Looking for a Derbyan

waikiki

Sep 2, 2022
Parrots
derby bans, hawkheads, mustache parakeets, timneh's, eclectic
Hello,
I recently lost a male derbyan that we rescued about 15 years ago. Shortly after he came to us, we agreed to take in a male mustache parakeet. This male mustache was in fact a female derbyan! Seems the universe wanted these two to be together. We didn't want the birds to breed but were thrilled that they bonded.
I have no idea of our females age. I am guessing mid-20's. She is very lonely and we'd love to find her an older male as a buddy. If anyone has a derbyan they would like to have a friend please contact me. We have a large indoor area that opens to a 20' X 25' X 14' outdoor aviary. These guys love to be outside and chewing on the branches etc. I can send pictures and vet references.
Thank-you!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Um, my African Ringneck just read this and about your setup and he's suddenly busy painting his face blue and beak orange! If you get a PM from me that says anything along the lines of "hai I would luv to move to u" please ignore!

I'm sorry about the loss of your male ❤️ and am sending love to you and your female that you find a perfect new friend soon!

Most Reactions