Looking for a Second Macaw :)

Falcon690

Feb 24, 2019
We have had our first macaw for the past two years and are looking for another one.

Where is the best place to buy one? I am located in Massachusetts. This one was give to us as a gift.

There are so many websites out there offering them but I donā€™t know if they are real or fake.

I am looking for a blue and gold one to go with my red one or maybe a Camelot macaw if I can find one lol.

Also as Iā€™m looking for cages as well, there is one we like that has a divider in it, but Iā€™m not sure if it works best that way or if they need completely separate cages or can they live in one large cage.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Hey and welcome!

I don't have details for you in terms of where to get one in your area, but are you willing to rescue?

Here is what I posted to another person, and I would say the same to you:

http://www.parrotforums.com/birds-wanted/86559-macaws-macaws.html

^see above

Separate cages ALL THE WAY....There is no divider cage large enough for both and you could end up with a hormone/disease storm.
Any new bird also needs to be quarantined for a minimum of 45 days in a separate air-space with extreme caution on your part (in terms of clothing worn between birds, hand cleanliness and even hair).
That having been said, even then, you do NOT want to force 2 birds to be that close together because you will either make them mad, or sexually frustrate them.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts