Looking for Green Cheek Conure - Central Pennsylvania Area

kmg

Jan 6, 2022
Parrots
Pixel - Green Cheek Conure
Hello all,

My fiance and I lost one of our two Green Cheek Conures, Nibbler, suddenly the first week of November. We are currently trying to find another GCC as Pixel, our other GCC, was bonded closely to Nibbler and is stressed out since she's been around at least one other bird her whole life.

With that being said, we are having a hard time finding any GCCs in central PA (between Carlisle and Philly)that aren't from PetSmart or PetCo. We are looking for both local breeders and rescues but haven't had much luck finding any that have GCCs. Would anyone here happen to know where we might be able to look?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm sorry for your loss.
My green cheek lost her buddy a few years ago and it was very hard on her so I understand.

Craigslist has some, a look saw a few home breeders with babies
Due to Holliday many parrots are sold out currently....I only hope they are in forever homes...but likely in the next few months many will be listed on Craigslist

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Central PA. You are fairly close to a couple of rescues!
FYI, ZERO wrong with birds from Petsmart or Petco!
Like saying, ‘I won’t date anyone from the Bronx’!

1641651397962.png

Last edited:
OP
K

kmg

Jan 6, 2022
Parrots
Pixel - Green Cheek Conure
I'm sorry for your loss.
My green cheek lost her buddy a few years ago and it was very hard on her so I understand.

Craigslist has some, a look saw a few home breeders with babies
Due to Holliday many parrots are sold out currently....I only hope they are in forever homes...but likely in the next few months many will be listed on Craigslist

Thanks, I have noticed that the Craigslist boards around me seem to have more small-medium sized parrots so I'll have to keep a close eye on that.

Central PA. You are fairly close to a couple of rescues!
FYI, ZERO wrong with birds from Petsmart or Petco!
Like saying, ‘I won’t date anyone from the Bronx’!

View attachment 33900

Thanks for pointing out that search tool. The Bird Rescue in York seems to be for wild birds, and the other two rescues unfortunately don't have any GCCs or similarly sized birds at the moment though.

I am also hesitant to get any birds from Petco, PetSmart or other chain stores as the birds I always see in my local ones do not look healthy (nasal discharge, plucking, sitting on the ground in a corner shivering, etc). That, and there's no info on where they came from and I don't particularly like supporting the practice of mass breeding birds that inevitably sit in a tiny glass box for months on end.

RFSweitzer

Mar 28, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Thanks, I have noticed that the Craigslist boards around me seem to have more small-medium sized parrots so I'll have to keep a close eye on that.

Thanks for pointing out that search tool. The Bird Rescue in York seems to be for wild birds, and the other two rescues unfortunately don't have any GCCs or similarly sized birds at the moment though.

I am also hesitant to get any birds from Petco, PetSmart or other chain stores as the birds I always see in my local ones do not look healthy (nasal discharge, plucking, sitting on the ground in a corner shivering, etc). That, and there's no info on where they came from and I don't particularly like supporting the practice of mass breeding birds that inevitably sit in a tiny glass box for months on end.

I im looking to rehome my GCC. But Im looking for the right home. I am right here outside of Reading, pa. If your still interested I can send out everything about her to see if she's the right fit for you. Its very sad that i have to do this, i love her so much, but the past year she has developed a screaming problem with me. She has bonded with my dad and every since i moved out she resents me

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
I im looking to rehome my GCC. But Im looking for the right home. I am right here outside of Reading, pa. If your still interested I can send out everything about her to see if she's the right fit for you. Its very sad that i have to do this, i love her so much, but the past year she has developed a screaming problem with me. She has bonded with my dad and every since i moved out she resents me
@kmg

Misty1133

Mar 25, 2022
Parrots
“Mango” Pineapple Conure
Hello all,

My fiance and I lost one of our two Green Cheek Conures, Nibbler, suddenly the first week of November. We are currently trying to find another GCC as Pixel, our other GCC, was bonded closely to Nibbler and is stressed out since she's been around at least one other bird her whole life.

With that being said, we are having a hard time finding any GCCs in central PA (between Carlisle and Philly)that aren't from PetSmart or PetCo. We are looking for both local breeders and rescues but haven't had much luck finding any that have GCCs. Would anyone here happen to know where we might be able to look?
Did you ever find another Conure???

Most Reactions

Latest posts