Looking for partner for my Albino Ringneck.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
For a lonely bird, the same species is always your best bet for a friend. If your ringneck needs a companion, I would just go for another ringneck, but very important: two birds, even of the same species, do not always get along and if this happens then you need two separate cages of proper size, and twice the perches and toys. Be prepared for them to not like each other.

If you mean you are trying to find for a ringneck for sale, then feel free to post on the Birds Wanted forum and see if anyone has a bird ready to come home with you!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So I will ask the question - Why do you want a second ringneck? THe reason I ask is very often a new parrot introduces all sorts of dynamics to the present relationship with the original parrot. Usually it goes one of 3 ways. 1. The new bird is accepted and the two become fast friends. 2. The new bird is not accepted and now you have two birds that need/demand separate out of cage time and play time with the favorite person.
3. The new bird is accepted and they pair bond and now want nothing to do with you.

2 birds mean twice the food cost, toy costs, vet costs and double the one on one time. We usually recommend a second parrot because YOU want one and not because the original parrot is "lonely". A perceived lonely parrot needs more out of cage time with his flock (you and your family) and not necessarily a second parrot.

Most Reactions

Latest posts