Looking for ringneck breeder

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
Hi. I am a new member from Leesburg,FL.I need help finding legitimate breeders of Indian Ringnecks.I live close to the Orlando area. LUTINOS,BLUE,GREEN,WHITE.MALE OR FEMALE.I have found a lot of scammers and need help in finding a breeder around Orlando that I know is not a scammer.Does anyone know of one?I have been looking for several weeks.Rescues are of no help to me nor stores as I have tried.I currently own a 27 yr old Senecal Parrot. I of course would purchase another cage for the new bird.Thank you.Please contact me. I would be willing to pick up one within a rerasonable distance.Must be hand-fed and tame.I would appreciate any help.Thank you.Willing to pay up to $1000. williampatte.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
Hi. I am a new member from Leesburg,FL.I need help finding legitimate breeders of Indian Ringnecks.I live close to the Orlando area. LUTINOS,BLUE,GREEN,WHITE.MALE OR FEMALE.I have found a lot of scammers and need help in finding a breeder around Orlando that I know is not a scammer.Does anyone know of one?I have been looking for several weeks.Rescues are of no help to me nor stores as I have tried.I currently own a 27 yr old Senecal Parrot. I of course would purchase another cage for the new bird.Thank you.Please contact me. I would be willing to pick up one within a rerasonable distance.Must be hand-fed and tame.I would appreciate any help.Thank you.Willing to pay up to $1000. williampatte.
I would also like to know from Indian Ringneck owners how noisy are they? Which one should I choose,male or female? The main problem I have is finding a breeder within a reasonable distance from my home town of Leesburg,FL.Orlando is about an hour away.I would like to be able to see the bird in person before I make any commitment. Breeders do not permit visits to their locations,so therefore it makes it difficult to make sure I get a good fit.I have tried stores,but again the same problem of distance.My local pet store just changed ownership and they only carry smaller birds and with the new owners,not as friendly or helpful.Buying a bird from a private owner is a risk because of possible scams.I have tried various rescues,with no success.The majority of them will not approve their parrots if a person lives in an apt.They usually only approve of people with private homes.Alexandrine Parrots are also of interest to me,but I am unable to find any breeders.The Indian Ringneck,I understand is similar,so I have been focusing heavily on them.Again,any help you can provide me will be appreciated.Thank you.Are there breeders who post on this forum.If so,here I am looking for any kind of Indian Ringneck,already weaned,and somewhat tame with not much noise.Is this too much to ask for????Thanks again.williampatte.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Ringnecks are often very loud and shrill. They travel in big flocks and call to each other all day. So if you get a ringneck you will likely have to deal with a ringing loud chirp that may make apartment neighbors unhappy.

You can always train a bird to make a quieter noise as a contact call, but that takes a lot of work and a close relationship.

Last edited:
OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
Ringnecks are often very loud and shrill. They travel in big flicks and call to each other all day. So if you get a ringneck you will likely have to deal with a ringing loud chirp that may make apartment neighbors unhappy.

You can always train a bird to make a quieter noise as a contact call, but that takes a lot of work and a close relationship.
My next door neighbor is diagonally across from me.Next door to the right and left are storage rooms.I live on the 4th floor.Would their noise carry upward to the 5th floor or downward to the third floor?I have had no complaints with my Senecal which is noisy when he wants attention and when I leave.BUT I HAVE HAD NO COMPLAINTS. I live in a retirement community,but as I said,the closest neighbor is diagonally across from me.She has not complained at all.If you have anymore suggestions,please post here.Thank you.williampatte.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well, I know senegals can be shrill in a way similar to ringneck contact call so maybe you wouldn’t have complaints (if you haven’t already).

In my apartment the sound would travel up and down a floor.

I have not had the best luck with ringnecks. I think they’re hard to tame. If you want a handleable bird maybe get a hand fed baby.

Last edited:

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Have you tried Craigslist? I see some listings within an hour drive from Leesburg (a store called Rena’s Pet Supplies).

OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
Have you tried Craigslist? I see some listings within an hour drive from Leesburg (a store called Rena’s Pet Supplies).
I will try Rena's Pet Supplies.Thank you for the tip. I do not think Craig's List would be good for legitimate breeders.A lot of scams there.But thank you.williampatte.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I will try Rena's Pet Supplies.Thank you for the tip. I do not think Craig's List would be good for legitimate breeders.A lot of scams there.But thank you.williampatte.
I understand. Thankfully this appears to be a real pet store that posted an ad! There’s a website for them and a Google listing with their location (in Longwood, and they’re open tomorrow at 11am).

According to their Facebook page, they have a female olive IRN for $550. That was posted Nov 11th, hopefully she’s still there & you can visit her! They also have cages, toys, perches, etc.

Maybe give them a call! If they sold her they may be able to tell you when they’re expecting to get more IRN in; I know our local parrot store gets their babies on a fairly predictable schedule.

OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
I understand. Thankfully this appears to be a real pet store that posted an ad! There’s a website for them and a Google listing with their location (in Longwood, and they’re open tomorrow at 11am).

According to their Facebook page, they have a female olive IRN for $550. That was posted Nov 11th, hopefully she’s still there & you can visit her! They also have cages, toys, perches, etc.

Maybe give them a call! If they sold her they may be able to tell you when they’re expecting to get more IRN in; I know our local parrot store gets their babies on a fairly predictable schedule.
I will give them a call.Thanks so much for your help.$550 for a ringneck is a good price.Not too far either.I will post here what they say,so that you know.williampatte.

OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
I will give them a call.Thanks so much for your help.$550 for a ringneck is a good price.Not too far either.I will post here what they say,so that you know.williampatte.
Hi. I just gave them a call and the bird has been sold.However,he took my name and phone number.He said that he will call me whenever he gets one in.He said that he does not know when he will be receiving anymore,but he assured me that he will call.I spoke to the Mgr.If you find out about anymore,please let me know here and I will contact the person.Thanks again.I appreciate it. williampatte.

Most Reactions