Looking to Adopt a Macaw in Florida

Leslielopez

Aug 8, 2022
Parrots
Macaw
I have been searching for a while. I guess it doesn’t cost a thing to try and look for help in this forum! I would Love to adopt or receive a Macaw in my home. I’m Located in Central Florida but I’m willing to travel. It is welcome any help I could get! Thanks

mobayrasta

Apr 28, 2020
In Florida I would try https://www.phoenixlanding.org/adoptable-birds.html that is whom I adopted my Yellow Naped from. They are an absolutely awesome rescue. Sign up to take their at home course, which is 100% free (and well done). Once you take the course you will get contacted by a local adoption coordinator and can start talking about birds. There are a lot more birds than listed on petfinder as there is always a huge list waiting to be relinquished. I will never buy a new bird again. There are tons of great birds out there looking for a new home, and not enough responsible parrot owners for even a tenth of them. Take your time, find a great rescue and whatever you do don't take on something you are not ready for. It's usually pretty easy finding homes for African Greys and other small to medium sized birds. Its the larger Cockatoos and Macaws that really are hard to find homes for.

If I had the room I would be adopting Coco on that Phoenix Landing list. Super cool and sweet 32 year old blue and gold Macaw who is highly food driven, would be the perfect Macaw for someone who wants to spend time clicker training. He'll jump through fire for a little tiny piece of a nutriberry.....lol

Good luck hope you find the right bird for you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts