LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Lost on 12/10/22 at tolworth london kt6
Very much loved pet he is chipped and has my phone number on leg band
Absolutely devastated
Thanks!!!
Oh no, @Greygray, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful bird :(

Have you already listed yet on https://www.parrotalert.com/ You can also check that site for "found" birds in your location, and make a listing for your lost bird there too if you haven't already done so.

The resources linked below may help you as well ...

Also alert local Facebook community groups, pet shops and all local veterinary clinics, not just avian ones. Escaped birds that are caught are often handed in there, and from there may be passed on to local animal control or a shelter. I once successfully retrieved an escaped Indian Ringneck years ago by making up old-fashioned paper flyers and popping them in mail boxes in my area too, I got him back the same day by doing that.

It's a gut wrenching feeling when a beloved parrot manages to escape, one which I have unfortunately experienced a few times myself, but somehow, and don't ask me how, I've always been lucky enough to get them back. I'm hoping that your little one is returned safely home to you very soon 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
OP
G

Greygray

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Gray parrot
Thank you kindly, we have tried everything and posted everywhere…:(

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you kindly, we have tried everything and posted everywhere…:(
You're most welcome. There are plenty of instances of birds being recovered after weeks, sometimes even months on the loose, so you should remain hopeful, although I realise that can be very hard to do in these circumstances. I wish there was more I could do to help you, but I'm sending every hope and positive vibe your way that your baby will return home!🤞🤞🤞

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I would offer a reward as the person who found him may be money minded and you can at least then get your bird back.

I was trying to trap a feral Quaker parakeet and some neighbors were making loud noises with some kind of brass instrument. They were obsessed with the idea that this bird was “worth money”. So if you can make an ad and offer a reward so (hopefully) the finder will think “I can get xxx pounds for returning this bird.

Since you are in London your bird may be able to join a flock of wild rose ringed parakeets. This wouldn’t bring him back but at least he would have a free life with other like birds.

I hope you find him. He’s beautiful!

Most Reactions