LOST SEVERE MACAW

AKeesey

Aug 13, 2021
Parrots
Severe Macaw
LOST SEVERE MACAW
Last seen in newtown Square PA, 19073.
He is a Severe Macaw (green medium size parrot) and is typically vocal, screaming, clicks, ect. His name is Tie and sometimes he'll respond to his name. He was last seen near Main Street in Newtown Square. If you see him please let me know, you can give me a call at 610-772-4355. OFFERING $500 REWARD FOR RETURN

Attachments

• 20201127_120006.jpg
    20201127_120006.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 103

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very sorry to know Tie is missing, hope you are swiftly reunited. Terry's link above a proven winner for networking and galvanizing support. Please keep us updated or just to vent as needed!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi AKeesey, welcome to the Forums, but I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss of Tie!

Have you made a listing yet on Parrot Alert 911? Many lost birds are reunited with their owners through that service, including some among our own Forum community. A link to their website is included below...

You can also make up old-fashioned paper flyers to pop into mail boxes in your neighbourhood – I got an IRN back on the same day with this method many years ago. Alert local Facebook community groups, pet shops and ALL local veterinary clinics, not just avian ones.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you. Sending every good wish and hope that Tie is safely returned to you very soon!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I tried to search parrot911 - what day did the bird go missing (and the month).
If you haven't already, I would post on there, as well as on facebook etc.

Last edited:
OP
A

AKeesey

Aug 13, 2021
Parrots
Severe Macaw
any updates on Tie? my heart is breaking for you.
Unfortunately no, he is still missing as of now and there has been no new sightings. We're hoping, if anything, he can make it until the trees start turning and it will be easier to spot him.

OP
A

AKeesey

Aug 13, 2021
Parrots
Severe Macaw
I tried to search parrot911 - what day did the bird go missing (and the month).
If you haven't already, I would post on there, as well as on facebook etc.
We have posted there as far as I know. He went missing August 12th.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
have you tried calling vets nearby and parrot shops to see if anyone brought him in (some parrot shops will accept surrenders for money, so it wouldn't hurt checking around to see if someone might have brought him there for money). You might also consider going around to neighbors and knocking on doors (along with the above suggestion of posting flyers). You might see if you can blast an audio track of severe macaws chattering and see if that draws attention from him (if nearby).

OP
A

AKeesey

Aug 13, 2021
Parrots
Severe Macaw
have you tried calling vets nearby and parrot shops to see if anyone brought him in (some parrot shops will accept surrenders for money, so it wouldn't hurt checking around to see if someone might have brought him there for money). You might also consider going around to neighbors and knocking on doors (along with the above suggestion of posting flyers). You might see if you can blast an audio track of severe macaws chattering and see if that draws attention from him (if nearby).
We've alerted all neighbors, camps, vets, shelters, and anywhere else he might be taken to or go. We usually play the music he goes to sleep to outside.

Most Reactions