Lovebird plucking her own feathers 😥

Lae

Apr 9, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird
My lovebird start plucking her own feathers 3 days ago..and now her back is bald.. I dont know what causes it but she seems to have been scratching her own ears alot.. we dont have vet here in my country..anybody knows how to help her

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
My lovebird start plucking her own feathers 3 days ago..and now her back is bald.. I dont know what causes it but she seems to have been scratching her own ears alot.. we dont have vet here in my country..anybody knows how to help her
This may be Vitamin A deficiency, also known as Hypovitaminosis A. This occurs when A bird is not given an appropriate diet, A diet with less Vitamin A. This deficiency causes itchy skin and low-looking feathers. The itchiness makes the Lovebird want to pluck its feathers. My Lovebird has had this and she was feather-plucking and itching continuously. Is the feather on your lovebird's head sparse? It means feathers have been falling off Due to the Condition. A seed diet especially can result with this, So I recommend pellets that are not artificially flavored, Has No added sugar, or no food coloring, It is best to avoid Zupreem pellets as it consists of color and sugar.
Feather plucking can also be because of depression, Sexual frustration, And stress. You may do further research about this as feather plucking can result in self-mutilaton as well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts