Lovebirds breeding in box?

BIRDTALKER123

Sep 20, 2011
Hi All,
Have you found that you can breed Lovebirds successfully in a Large cage in the house with a decent breeding box in their cage.?
Your opinions please.
Thanks
Birdtalker123

IolaniAviary

Aug 2, 2011
Parrots
Lovebirds- Mango, Spyros, Ele, Aonani
Cockatiels- Pineki
Quakers- Maggie
Conures- Paco
Sort of a confusing question...

Most breeders of Lovebirds do individual cages with a breeding box. I know there are people who use an aviary setting, but since they can be very anti-social a lot of people choose to go with individual cages. I know of people who have hundreds of pairs in the individual cage settings.

I have two pairs myself, and it has worked just fine. Like any other bird species, they will breed as long as they have the proper supplies. You will need a good sized cage, pellets, seed, egg-food, calcium supplement, fresh fruits and veggies, a humidifier depending on your location, nest box, nesting material, and of course a fertile pair.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I agree with IolaniAviary! Like it was mentioned already, they can be anti-social during breeding. Sometimes depending on the bird, they can be sweet! Very rare in my case, they're mean when they pair up and breeding. It's easier to have them in a individual cage by themselves with a nest box attached!

Most Reactions