Lovebirds didn't start incubation

Abeer

Jan 15, 2016
Media
I have a pair of lovebirds hen lay 4th egg about a week ago and didn't lay any more eggs for about one week but she also didn't start incubation. Is this normal or is there any thing wrong!!!

OP
A

Abeer

Jan 15, 2016
Media
Yes this is their first clutch. And they are young as I bought them about 3 months ago and the seller said that they are about 7 months old so according to this they are about 10 months

Last edited:
OP
A

Abeer

Jan 15, 2016
Media
Hen spend most of the time in the nest but some time both birds are out from the nest

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
They rarely get it right the first time. The eggs could still be viable for several weeks so long as they don't get too hot or cold.

OP
A

Abeer

Jan 15, 2016
Media
For how long I have to leave the eggs? Is there a time period after which eggs should be remove or they remove away eggs by themselves??

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
If it has been ten or twelve days ,then i would pull them.

OP
A

Abeer

Jan 15, 2016
Media
Hen didn't abandon the nest she came out for eating and collecting leaves and then go back to the nest and spend most of the time in there is it usual? And did she start incubation?? I am a newbie in this and I realize that I didn't know anything about this please help

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Yes the hen will get up off the nest several times a day. usually for 15 minutes or less.

OP
A

Abeer

Jan 15, 2016
Media
Thank-you all. You really help me a lot and today I found out that one of the 4 eggs is hatched and waiting for others to hatch can you please tell me that how much time dose it take to hatch all the eggs

Most Reactions

Latest posts