Lovebirds

KS Media

Jan 28, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Hello fellow Parrot Forums bird lovers!

I've recently discovered a passion for keeping birds... At the moment I have 8 adult Lovebirds and some of the pairs recently had baby chicks.

They're raised in a community aviary which is roughly 6 meters x 2 meters x 2 meters in dimension.

Some of my friends have been really excited to see these fluffy members of the family but due to the ongoing situation, some people have asked me to send them videos instead of them coming to visit the birds in person.

That led me to start a YouTube channel just 2 days ago.

I love to watch the Lovebirds chirp, forage and display affection and perhaps some of the members here would love to see that too.

If you do, please feel free to subscribe to the channel I've just made.

Chirp Chirp

Sbedwell52

Jan 28, 2022
Parrots
I have 1 lovebird
Hello fellow Parrot Forums bird lovers!

I've recently discovered a passion for keeping birds... At the moment I have 8 adult Lovebirds and some of the pairs recently had baby chicks.

They're raised in a community aviary which is roughly 6 meters x 2 meters x 2 meters in dimension.

Some of my friends have been really excited to see these fluffy members of the family but due to the ongoing situation, some people have asked me to send them videos instead of them coming to visit the birds in person.

That led me to start a YouTube channel just 2 days ago.

I love to watch the Lovebirds chirp, forage and display affection and perhaps some of the members here would love to see that too.

If you do, please feel free to subscribe to the channel I've just made.

Chirp Chirp
Hey I love your lovebirds I am knew at being a bird lover my daughter bought Sunny and she went on vacation and I watched Sunny while she was gone and I fell in love with her. My daughter thought sunny was a male but I found out different. I really want to get Sunny a mate not for babies cause I want her to have a companion but nobody can tell the difference between male and female.

Sbedwell52

Jan 28, 2022
Parrots
I have 1 lovebird
Hey I love your lovebirds I am knew at being a bird lover my daughter bought Sunny and she went on vacation and I watched Sunny while she was gone and I fell in love with her. My daughter thought sunny was a male but I found out different. I really want to get Sunny a mate not for babies cause I want her to have a companion but nobody can tell the difference between male and female.

OP
K

KS Media

Jan 28, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Hello there!

Sunny is lucky to have you taking care of her :)

I assume that a respectable breeder may be able to determine Lovebird gender by performing a non-invasive physical examination (trying to get a feel of the pelvic bone - if the gap in between is larger then most likely it's a she although this technique isn't 100% accurate). However, one accurate method to determine Lovebird gender is to send feather samples to a DNA sexing laboratory.

I hope this helps...

Most Reactions