Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
We just lost Lucky this morning.
He passed away after giving him his medications.

I went to put him back in his cage and he just sat in the towel and did not leave my had.

I petted him some, something he does not allow. He acted like he was stunned.
He final left the towel and was at the bottom of the cage but he started to flop around and his body was in contortions.
I picked him back up had held him in the towel and petted him while he breathed his last breath.

Dose this ever get any easer?

I know he had a good long life. Alot longer that woukd have been if I had not found him

Fly free Lucky :yellow1:

I can;t see the kebord

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I'm so sorry for you loss. :(

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Wes, I'm so very sorry to hear the sad news of Lucky's passing. In answer to your question, no, I don't think it ever does get any easier, sometimes I actually feel as though it gets harder the older we get. No doubt about it though, he most certainly did lead a longer, happier and blessed life because of you and your devotion. Hugest feathered hugs and condolences to you Wes, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, dearest Lucky, until we all meet again.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wes, I am so very sorry for your loss of Lucky.
I hope it will provide some comfort in knowing how you changed Lucky's life, providing him with the best care and so much love. You were right there with him until the end, and I know your love and presence eased his passage across the Rainbow Bridge.
My heart goes out to you.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Baby Lucky's friend and cage mate is frantic.

Lucky died right in front of Baby but Baby continues to call for him.
We have let him fly around the house to make sure Lucky is not hiding from him.
Still he calls and calls.

I am hoping I can make a change in the housing for Baby so he is not alone but not right away.
I think he might get along with Popeye but I am not so sure about Cheeky.
Putting him in with the girls might be possible but I don't want to have any more babies just now.
I think the chances of that are not high, maybe 30%.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It never gets easier to loose them. But I hope kn8he had a fantastic long life gives some comfort. It is so hard to see their bird love greive....it was so hard on my Tadah as well. Hugs to you

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
My friend, I am so sorry to read this, specially since Lucky seemed to have turned a bit of a corner. He must have know to his last how much he was loved. Making a donation to the Cornell Vet school in Lucky's name, the be directed for parrot related programs and studies.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My friend, I am so sorry to read this, specially since Lucky seemed to have turned a bit of a corner. He must have know to his last how much he was loved. Making a donation to the Cornell Vet school in Lucky's name, the be directed for parrot related programs and studies.

Thank you so much.
It means a lot to me.

Wes

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry Wes, my deepest condolences for the passing of Lucky. He was indeed lucky to have been lovingly cared for since you found him.

It never gets easy Wes, it is the burden we carry for loving them so dearly and for such a long time. Wish I had advice for helping Baby other than you'll be grieving together in mutual support.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Wes, my good friend.They comfort in passing with us near by, likely helps them, but it never makes it any easier for us. Long ago, I had come to be thankful, when they past in our hands as, at least they knew they where not alone.

With loving support good friend. May Lucky fly happy on the other side of the bridge and will be there to welcome us!

Hug, warm, Amazon Feather Hugs and prayers.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots

Thank you so much.
It means a lot to me.

Wes

Giving to Cornell

THIS GIFT IS:

In memory of:
HONOREE TYPE
Pet/Animal (indicate species below)

IF HONOREE IS A PET, PLEASE INDICATE THEIR SPECIES:
Cockatiel

HONOREE FIRST NAME
Lucky

HONOREE LAST NAME
Texsize

Your Selections
Name
Other
Tell us where you would like your gift(s) to go:
Parrot related studies and programs, specifically

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I took Lucky's body to the vet's office this morning to have him cremated.
They have a nice service that gives you a card with footprint and wooden box for the ashes.
Somehow I just can't see burying a bird.
I was not able to get there Saturday morning and with an expected temp 110?F Midday was a no brainer.

Baby has been calling and calling.
All the Tiels appear nervous.
Even Bella was acting weird last night.
The Amazons act normal for the most part.

Wes

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I do the same, Wes. We all grieve in different ways, somehow having that little box in my home brings comfort even if I never glance at it. It is there, a physical manifestation of sorts that compliments what is in my heart.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I?m so sorry, Wes.

Fly free, Lucky. [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Wes to lighten the thread up, a short story. We had 2 ducks when my kids were very little. We raised 'em from chicks and they grew to full size duckies. I always teased the kids that we were gonna eat them when they grew big enough. But a cat or raccoon got at them. Me and the kids buried them in our backyard, and after we were done, my oldest son wanted to know if God was going to eat them now.

Most Reactions