Macaw Dishes that Can't be dumped?

Bubba27

Dec 18, 2020
My 40 year old Greenwing is pissed at my new job hours and started dumping his 1 dumpable food dish. He has 2 ceramic he can't dump and 1 aluminum he is taking great pleasure in dumping. Ceramic dishes ( like everything now ) are ridiculously priced, and hard to find.
Any better or newer dish solutions to dish dumping issue.
Ceramic work fine but are fragile and $.
Thanks for any recommendations other than staying home all day : )

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My 40 year old Greenwing is pissed at my new job hours and started dumping his 1 dumpable food dish. He has 2 ceramic he can't dump and 1 aluminum he is taking great pleasure in dumping. Ceramic dishes ( like everything now ) are ridiculously priced, and hard to find.
Any better or newer dish solutions to dish dumping issue.
Ceramic work fine but are fragile and $.
Thanks for any recommendations other than staying home all day : )

My cockatoo likes to dump his dishes, and my husband was able to use pliers and make the ring that holds the aluminum dish tighter. I have to give it a good puch to get it in, but he hasn't dumped them since.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My GCC likes to dump his bowls too, I just wrapped the ring holder in vet tape so it would be a tighter fit.

OP
B

Bubba27

Dec 18, 2020
found these:

Prevue Pet Products BPV6402 Ceramic Marble Crock Dish Birds Cup, 24-Ounce​

$30 +
Dam that's crazy

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
found these:

Prevue Pet Products BPV6402 Ceramic Marble Crock Dish Birds Cup, 24-Ounce​

$30 +
Dam that's crazy

Reality check, with estimated inflation numbers that 30 USD crock will be 40 to 45 USD this time next year.

With large Parrots, heavy or well-secured bowls is a reality! With Large Parrots, expensive is a reality.

Most Reactions